PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Valley NY Meetup, Lumber Hunt and Coffee

John Mark Lane
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
This came up on another thread. Condon Lumber is a nice, small business in Westchester/Dutchess Counties, NY, that specializes in fine quality lumber, including tropical and exotic hardwoods.

http://www.condonlumber.net/

There's a fair amount of us in the area north of NYC. The idea here is to meet up near the Condon warehouse in Stormville, NY, get some coffee and breakfast, followed by a meander through the warehouse, and perhaps pick up a few choice pieces of wood. I'm sure if we let Condon know we're coming, they'll be very gracious in welcoming us.

When to do this is an open question. I'm in a summer home not far from Stormville through Labor Day, but it's a fairly short drive from home all year round, and I know others are in similar situations. So it could be some time in the next two weeks, or some time in September.

If you would like to join us, please post here what your preferred date range might be (and any other suggestions). PM me if you prefer.

Mark

russell lusthaus
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Mark

I too am located in Westchester County and can attest to the nice selection that Condon carries, although I have have only visited the White Plains facility.

Schedule permitting, I would definitely meet up with fellow creekers in Stormville one weekend morning for coffee, wood, and stories.

Russell

Robert Maloney
08-13-2010, 5:58 PM
Hey Guys,
I live in Putnam County, and also buy some of my wood from Condon. If scheduling permits I would defenitely like to meet some of the local creekers. Keep me posted
Thanks, Bob

John Mark Lane
08-13-2010, 9:23 PM
I know there's a few more Creekers in this area. But even with two or three it should be a nice thing to do. One thing, Condon is not open on weekends. So we'll have to do this on a weekday. Please chime in if you can make it, either in late August or early September.

Joseph Tarantino
08-14-2010, 8:24 AM
new rochelle, ny here. count me in.

John Shuk
08-14-2010, 2:20 PM
new rochelle, ny here. count me in.

I'm in its pretty close for me.

John Shuk
08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I'll be on vacation from Wednesday to Sunday next week. If any one has ideas on a time pm your ideas.

John Mark Lane
08-17-2010, 4:13 PM
I've gotten a bit tied up. I'm thinking this is probably best tried after Labor Day. Everybody's on vacation etc.

John Shuk
08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
That works great for me

russell lusthaus
08-20-2010, 3:26 PM
I'm still in.