PDA

View Full Version : hundred year post

Tony Wheeler
08-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I havent posted in a while since I broke camera got a new camera now still learning all the bells and whistles This is a hollow form I just fiinshing the pedstal is not attached and Im going to remove since I dont care for it in the pic . But the pices of Oasge Orange spent its first hunderd years or so of it life as a corner post it about 9 wide and seven tall thanks for looking

David E Keller
08-13-2010, 12:13 AM
That's beautiful. I've done a few things from old osage fence posts, and the wood is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure this is one of those pieces that photos don't capture well. I love the dark margins along the defects.

I agree with you on the base.

Dennis Ford
08-13-2010, 6:28 AM
Great HF from beautiful wood with an interesting history. I also agree about the base but think you should give it a try dyed black before you toss it.

John Keeton
08-13-2010, 6:32 AM
Tony, I agree and don't think the base works at all on this piece. Were it black, it would probably do much better, but still not add much.

That is certainly a nice looking piece of wood and the finish you got on the inside looks great! And, what a neat way to deal with the pith - let mother nature get rid of it!!

Nice work!

Paul Douglass
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Beautiful, but agree with all, even with my untrained eye I don't care for the base. That piece would be cool with a sphere suspended inside it.

Bernie Weishapl
08-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice HF Tony. I also agree that the base doesn't do it.

Rob Cunningham
08-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice looking HF Tony. I don't think the base goes with the piece either.

Tony Wheeler
08-13-2010, 6:37 PM
here another pic without pedstal sorry for the bad photos went to get my tent today and LOML cat thinks its her home now was going to presude her to move out but she got out a yeel and the next thing I now I'm in trouble for bothering her cat don't figure

Richard Madden
08-13-2010, 6:53 PM
I like that. :cool::cool:

Jack Mincey
08-13-2010, 7:00 PM
Tony I really like this picture of your Osage HF. Osage is wonderful wood to turn and look at as your HF shows. I'm very happy to have some to turn now as well.
Thanks,
Jack