PDA

View Full Version : Klockit vs Primex

Dave Lehnert
08-12-2010, 2:26 PM
As a clock maker I have purchased things from Klockit for years. Today I received a Primex catalog. It looks like Klockit, has the same address as Klockit but different phone number and the prices are cheaper in the Primex catalog on the things I checked. Like $56.99 vs $47.99.
Anyone know whats up?

http://www.primexusa.com

http://www.klockit.com/

Dave Sweeney
08-12-2010, 5:02 PM
Primex says........

http://www.primexusa.com/v/vspfiles/templates/50/images/headings/heading_aboutus.gif
PrimexUSA
Primex is a leading wholesale supplier of high-quality quartz clock movements and related accessories.

With over 37 years of experience, Primex offers quick and friendly customer service along with the best pricing and volume discounts. Primex is a global minded enterprise. We sell and ship our products to more than 30 countries. Primex's experience in the market place enables us to provide excellent quality and service to any customer regardless of geographical location. Let Primex be your One Stop Shop for all your clock and lamp making supplies.

Primex is an extremely versatile company because we can offer direct shipment and sourcing capabilities. Our facilities in China allow us to have direct control of our merchandise overseas. Our direct shipment capabilities, allows you to combine various high volume products and ship direct to your manufacturing facility. Not only will you save time and money, but you will be able to deliver your end product faster. Faster to market availability will be highly appreciated by your customers.

Klickit really doesn't say where their stuff comes from.............

Klockit.com is proud to carry the finest quality products at competitive pricing and supply you with everything needed to build a beautiful, heirloom quality clock or to repair a treasured keepsake. As we listen to customer feedback, we are working harder than ever to source and develop new and exciting products. We hope you will be delighted with our wide variety of kits, plans, and clock components, including quartz movements, clock inserts, clock dials, hour & minute hands, mechanical movements, clock pendulums, and much more.

Our large selection of products is just the beginning – we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service as well. Here at Klockit.com, our success depends on your success! If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it to us within 90 days for an exchange or refund of your purchase price. (See our Return Policy for more information.) In addition to our huge selection of the highest quality clockmaking supplies and unparalleled service, our site also provides information for all clockmakers, from the first time clock builder to the experienced woodworking enthusiast.
Our website features everything a clockmaker could want:
> Home to the largest clock forum on the internet
> Extensive knowledgebase of frequently asked questions
> Links section with more than a dozen helpful lin

Tom Hargrove
08-12-2010, 5:23 PM
According to online records at the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions and Wisconsin Secretary of State, the work Klockit is a tradename which has been used by Primex, Inc. since 1975, and which has been registered to Primex since March 2000.

It appears that Klockit is the "retail alter ego" of Primex, which is certainly not illegal, immoral, or fattening. It is done routinely by businesses all over the United States, Canada and other countries that embrace free enterprise.

Mike Zilis
08-12-2010, 7:53 PM
Looking at the Primex web site, it says you can only purchase from them if you have a tax ID number which tells me that Primex is a wholesaler (sells only to sellers) and Klockit is the retailer (sells to end users).

Same company using 2 different channels to sell product.

Mike

Steve Peterson
08-12-2010, 7:56 PM
The Primex website states "minimum order of $50 and tax ID # required. Customers without tax ID # click here". Clicking on the link takes you to the Klockit web site.

It looks like Primex is the wholesale version of Klockit, hence the lower price.

Rockler does the same thing. I just received a "profesional" catalog. Some items appear to be about 10% cheaper than the standard catalog. Other items are the same price. Fewer items are at a sale price. Now it looks like I have to check both web sites to decide which one to order from.

Steve

Dave Lehnert
08-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Wondered why they sent me a Primex catalog. I don't buy that much stuff.