PDA

View Full Version : Free Cherry Wood

Sean Troy
08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi all, I have 10 or so old growth Cherry log sections. 16-20" dia. and sealed for whoever wants to come get them for some turning wood. Beautiful grain. I don't need anymore wood so I'll give it away or split it up for firewood. Let me know if you are interested. Sean

Mike Cross
08-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Wished I lived closer, I would be all over it. I don't have access to much wood other than pecan, oak, cypress that I am aware of and I don't find it very often.

Mike

Michael James
08-12-2010, 12:06 AM
great offer......Im a bajillion miles from that wood. Hope someone in your neighborhood can pick it up!

Chris Colman
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Oooh! I would love some of that!

Too bad I live so far away....

Jon Lanier
08-12-2010, 1:20 AM
Don't you just hate when freebies are offered 600 miles away?

Although, I do appreciate the thought. Hope it gets turned round and not into kindling.

Ted Harden
08-12-2010, 1:21 AM
Sean, I interested and have sent PM to you.

Gary Max
08-12-2010, 4:14 AM
Just my luck you are on the other side of the state.

Dan Hintz
08-12-2010, 7:36 AM
Sean,

Any turning groups on your area? I attended my first one (Baltimore group) last night, monthly meeting, and people brought in stuff like that to give away at a raffle. I didn't buy, but it appears to be 5 tickets for a couple of bucks, and it looked like almost everyone in attendance got at least one item. Blocks of maple, cherry, burls, a tool rack, a bunch of bandsaw blades, etc. It all sat on a table, and if your number was called, you walked up and picked up whatever looked nice.

Great way to meet like-minded people, and people brought in what they've made with prior month's prizes...

Sean Troy
08-12-2010, 8:22 AM
Sean,

Any turning groups on your area? I attended my first one (Baltimore group) last night, monthly meeting, and people brought in stuff like that to give away at a raffle. I didn't buy, but it appears to be 5 tickets for a couple of bucks, and it looked like almost everyone in attendance got at least one item. Blocks of maple, cherry, burls, a tool rack, a bunch of bandsaw blades, etc. It all sat on a table, and if your number was called, you walked up and picked up whatever looked nice.

Great way to meet like-minded people, and people brought in what they've made with prior month's prizes...
Yes there is but I hardly ever get a chance to get to it. With my back problems, I could never lift these to get them loaded and brought over to the meeting.

Mike Cruz
08-13-2010, 7:58 AM
Sean, have one of the members come get it! I'm sure they would appreciate your donating, and understand your inability to deliver.

Sean Troy
08-13-2010, 8:11 AM
Sean, have one of the members come get it! I'm sure they would appreciate your donating, and understand your inability to deliver.
I'll do that if the person picking it up the first of the week can't make it. thanks, Sean