PDA

View Full Version : where to buy P&L38 online?

Michael MacDonald
08-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I have been looking, and it is pretty hard to find pratt and lambert 38 varnish (satin, not that it matters)... the places in chicago I call from the P&L website sell paint, but not varnish. I have looked on SMC and general google search, and cannot find an obvious source online... epaint.com seems pretty sketchy, and that is the only source I have found...

anyone have a source online that can deliver this product? anyone know a source in the west suburbs of chicago? "really P&L folks... it should be easier than this... what is up with that?"

Scott Holmes
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Most places that sell P&L paint can get the varnish for you; they may have to order it but it should not be a problem...

TIP: order 4 quarts (1 case) instad of a gallon; quarts will keep longer and you're not ordering a partial case.

Michael MacDonald
08-13-2010, 5:15 PM
wish it were that easy. anyway, I contacted P&L. they provided two online companies, but not sure how "recommended" they were... one, "premierpaintandwallpaper.com" I had already discovered and seemed sketchy, so I ordered from the other, "pondcovepaint.com". waiting to see.

Bob Direso
08-13-2010, 6:55 PM
Mike, I purchase P&L38 from Steve Mickley owner of "Hardwood lumber and more". Call toll free 1-866-553-5883. Steve is very knowledgable in all types of finishing and is always very helpful.

Scott Holmes
08-13-2010, 10:34 PM
When I get stuck on a finishing issue, I call my friend Steve Mickley. He's a great guy all around. Knows his stuff, customers love him.

As for P&L #38 there's a hardware store in Houston that will order it whenever I need it, they carry the P&L paint line.

Michael MacDonald
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM
thanks guys... I saw the Hardwood Lumber and More site on the internet I think, but didn't know it from my elbow... anyway, I just received two quarts of satin from pond cove... cans in good enough condition. $50 with shipping--I guess that is a bit expensive? still, it is nice stuff. putting on two coats tonight, and a third coat tomorrow. beautiful.