PDA

View Full Version : How to build interior doors?

Todd Cepica
08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel and my wife has requested a set of barn doors to replace our french style doors. I would like to build these myself with a basic mortise and tenon joinery but I would sure like to have some advice before I get started. I plan to make the doors standard 13/8 and they are 24X80 in dimension. Does anyone have any plans or suggestions for the construction of these doors? I appreciate your help.

Matt Logana
08-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel and my wife has requested a set of barn doors to replace our french style doors. I would like to build these myself with a basic mortise and tenon joinery but I would sure like to have some advice before I get started. I plan to make the doors standard 13/8 and they are 24X80 in dimension. Does anyone have any plans or suggestions for the construction of these doors? I appreciate your help.

Couldnt you do the "Norm Abram Kitchen Cabinet", but on an increased scale?

Sorry, I am unfimiliar with the barn style of door... particularly in a bathroom...

david brum
08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
There are a couple of good articles on the Fine Homebuilding site about building interior doors. You have to get an online subscription to see the articles, but I don't think it's much.

Sam Layton
08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi Todd,

First of all, welcome to the Creek.

I did a bathroom remodel a while ago, and built my door. If you go to Woodworking Projects, and do a search on "Interior door build", there is a lot of photo's showing how I built my door. If you have any questions, please ask.

Sam