PDA

View Full Version : fail

Neal Clayton
08-11-2010, 6:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBcQ93e6Ns

it'll be on the history channel. that shouldn't come as a shock, the history channel being the same ones who replaced semi-entertaining documentaries and declassified military stuff with ghost/ufo/conspiracy garbage.

i love how they pretend to be so surprised, SIMULATING MOONSHINE RUNNING OH WOW HOW ORIGINAL (translated: please nascar give us money).

the lack of originality on TV is saddening :(.

oh well, looking forward to hearing of this show's cancellation after 2 or 3 episodes, and i suppose the real top gear will probably get a couple of decent jokes from it.

John Coloccia
08-11-2010, 8:25 PM
I like how they are able to justify all their shows by saying "Making History" at the end. LOL. I like top shot though I can't stand the host who obviously knows absolutely nothing about firearms.

Bruce Page
08-11-2010, 8:36 PM
More Hollywood dumbing down.

The history channel used to be one of my favorites.

Chris Harry
08-11-2010, 9:01 PM
Have you watched the original Top Gear at all?

Its very similar....they come up with fun and strange ways to race. I dont see the Moonshine Run being much different, but to each his own I guess.

Jay Leno shared your opinion :) questioning if a show like Top Gear could "make it" in the US.

Now if you want to talk about a show that should be short lived, "Senior vs Junior" premieres tomorrow night on TLC. Gotta hand it to them though, they got a huge ratings grab when American Chopper went off the air, now they'll get everyone back. Its kinda like all those characters on soap operas that die and mysteriously come back years later.

Neal Clayton
08-12-2010, 12:57 AM
yeah, i watch the original top gear every week, that's why a knockoff caught my attention.

the original top gear works because the writers and hosts are truly funny people. even if you don't care about cars, it's still a funny show. i don't care about cars all that much, tbh. i can even name quite a few women friends/family that don't know anything about cars, yet they watch it and love it too, because it's funny anyway.

these guys, well....aren't.

the original top gear did make it in the US, when discovery picked it up to fill time on their HD tier when HD was first coming out, it was a sudden unexpected hit for them. and people have been trying to figure out how to make an american knock off since, but it's the people, not the cars or the format. these TV execs don't seem to get that.

Chris Harry
08-12-2010, 8:05 AM
I think Adam Ferrera is funny (he was driving the car in the moonshine run) but not sure about the other 2. Adam is actually on Rescue Me right now and he's pretty funny there too.

Im a glutton for punishment so I setup a season pass for American Chopper: Senior vs Junior. Be interesting to see how long it lasts.