PDA

View Full Version : New Festool DE Application

Jay Knoll
12-09-2004, 8:50 PM
Thought you'd get a giggle over this application of the Festool DE.

I've been fighting with a computer all day trying to do updates and virus protection. It is a Toshiba Satellite. Thing kept crashing, I was sure I had a virus, then I Googled "toshiba satellite shutdown" and found a suggestion in the Hardware Analysis forum that the heatsink could get clogged with dust and shut down the computer in memory intensive operations.

Someone suggested hooking up a vacum cleaner to the fan outlet to help the cooling along. So here it is!

Well, I've installed Service Pack 2 with the Festool purring in the background, no shutdown. Looks like I'm going to have to take this puppy to a tech to crack the case and clean out the innards!

Jay

Jay Knoll
12-09-2004, 9:06 PM
Looks like I can do it through IE not AOL! Anyone else have this problem?

Paul B. Cresti
12-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Jay,
Did you buy Festool's special computer adapter or did you make it yourself? Aren't you glad that the hose is anti static? ;)

Tyler Howell
12-10-2004, 8:33 AM
Do wonders never end??? Way cool!!

Jim Becker
12-10-2004, 9:03 AM
I wondered what you were up to!!! Great solution...

Jay Knoll
12-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Yeah, it took awhile for me to remember that I had a quiet machine in the garage and I didn't have to listen to the house vac screaming away.

There certainly is a problem with this laptop, when I tried to run it this morning without the "power assist" it crashed whenever a disk intensive app was running

Jay

Chris Padilla
12-10-2004, 11:36 AM
LOL! I love it!

Greg Mann
12-10-2004, 6:08 PM
Like I always say, Festool has solutions to problems we don't even know we have.:D