PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Amy Heise
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I have been lurking and reading A LOT of posts the past week or so. My Mother and I are starting up a laser engraving company. We are starting out with making labels for my parents electrical control panel company. We are hoping to dabble in a little of everything at first and see what we like. I have taken the usual suggestion from other posts and started reading from the very first post ever forward. I am currently on page 311. So much information! I hope to someday be able to contribute half of what some of you contribute. We bought a rayjet, I am not sure of the exact model as I was not the one that ordered it. Can't wait to get to know all of you and hopefully I don't end up with too many questions!

Amy

Dan Hintz
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome, Amy :)

I suggest you add your rough location (at least your state) to your profile, and add in your equipment list to your signature... it saves everyone a lot of work when you need to ask questions down the road.

Over a year ago I started reading from post #1 up to the present... I think it was around 225 pages back then. I read every word of every post for roughly 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, jotting down any bit of info I thought may prove useful in the future. It took me months to get through it all, so good luck with that :)

Frank Corker
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome to SMC Amy, you'll get the hang of it, the more you do the better you will become.

Mike Null
08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome to SMC from another Buckeye.

Viktor Voroncov
08-11-2010, 1:15 PM
Welcome to SMC, Amy. Regards from Europe :)

Kathy Madan
08-11-2010, 1:30 PM
Welcome Amy, I am new to the Creek, but not to engraving. Wish I had found this years ago.
I am also reading lots of old posts, but have only made it to page 111. Problem is, I keep finding things I want to try, so I have to stop and give those a try. I may never get thru them all!