PDA

View Full Version : Pendants

Jon Lanier
08-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Pendants that I worked on yesterday have their final finish. (1coat shellac, 3 coats wipe on poly.)

I couldn't get a decent picture. I had to throw my good 'photo tent' away in Ohio before the move. (thought I could make another just like it...ugh). This new fold away new one isn't cutting it.

There some Bethlehem Olive Wood, Cherry Burl, and Walnut. Hopefully more to come... my little mandrel got bent... working on a new one.

Karen (wife) will dress these up with the necklace stuff. (I'm so technical.)

Bernie Weishapl
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Jon those are some good looking pendents. When the wife gets the necklace stuff:D:rolleyes: on you will be amazed.

Joe Shinall
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Jon, How did you turn these exactly? I have a lot of scraps that could make some nice pendants but don't have the first clue how to cut them.

Jon Lanier
08-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Jon, How did you turn these exactly? I have a lot of scraps that could make some nice pendants but don't have the first clue how to cut them.

Pendant Backer Plate. Many folks here have one ... I'd have to look up the guy who makes them. Unless someone beats me too it.

John Keeton
08-11-2010, 6:47 AM
Jon, some nice ones there - looks like the cherry burl would be my favorites - but hard to tell in the pic.