PDA

View Full Version : DFW woodworkers show

Jim O'Dell
12-09-2004, 5:20 PM
Does anyone know of a cheaper place to park other that the Convention center or next door hotel? Can we park down at the ballpark and walk? Hope to see some of you there tomorrow! Jim.

Steve Jenkins
12-09-2004, 6:11 PM
When are you going to be there Jim? I'm going tomorrow but haven't decided when. Can't help on the parking unless you want to park in the residential neighborhoods north of 30. It would be a bit of a walk.

Jim O'Dell
12-09-2004, 7:43 PM
Hi Steve. I'm going to leave work about 11:30. grab a burger and head on over. I want to look around a little, then see what a couple of the seminars are like (the free ones!!). So I guess I'll be there about 12:15, give or take a few.
I'm going to look up around the ball park. I was over there a couple years ago for a Lincoln ride and drive when they introduced the new Aviator, and we were lost. There were several lots we wondered through that were free to park. If not, I'll pay the $10.00 bucks or so, but won't be happy about it!! I'll be carrying a clipboard and I'll wear my black Lincoln hat. Hope to see you there. Jim.

Ken Garlock
12-09-2004, 8:30 PM
Jim, the last time I was at the convention center it was $5 to park, but that was last spring. Yes, I know it is around $10 for a baseball game. :(

Jim O'Dell
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Ken, I just made a wild guess, partly tongue in cheek, partly figured it went up like everything else. I won't be buying much this year (bought a drill press and a TS miter sled last year) and wanting to keep the overhead down. Until I saw the thread on the Rockler 1 item at 25% off, I was planning to get a Kreg K2000 tomorrow, now I'll look at at the price and decide which is the best way to go. Need some of the self centering bits for doing hinges, maybe a set of forstner bits, and I need a template bit to do my router table. I hope to see some better prices than I have logged on the net. If not, I'll wait and order on line later. Thanks for the parking price reminder. If it's still 5, I won't feel so bad about doing that. Jim.

Steve Jenkins
12-10-2004, 6:36 AM
i'm thinking that I will be there somewhee around that time too. 12:15-12:30. If it's like usual I will probably wander around for an hour or so. I'll keep an eye out. Steve

Herb Blair
12-10-2004, 7:33 AM
See you guys there. I'll be there just after it opens today at noon and will walk around for awhile. I will have my son who is just back from Iraq to carry my stuff. So other than the little problem of $$$$, I'm all set to go.
:) :) :)

Kelly C. Hanna
12-10-2004, 8:03 AM
Parking should only be $5 and no there's not much else in the area cheaper. We're going Saturday afternoon I think. Not going to buy anything this time, just lookin' for next year's purchases.

Jim O'Dell
12-10-2004, 9:09 AM
I'll look for yu guys. Sorry I'll miss you Kelly. Maybe next year. Jim.

Steve Nelson
12-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey Steve me and my "running mate " will be there around the same time, maybe we'll see ya there....Steve

Kelly C. Hanna
12-10-2004, 7:19 PM
Hate to miss all you guys...from the looks of things I won't make it at all....oh well, nbo money anyway, I have to spend my cash on a new motor for the big truck.

Jim O'Dell
12-10-2004, 7:24 PM
I'm back. Didn't stay as long as I thought I would...I thought the free seminars would take longer than they did. Guess we listened fast! Bought the things I thought I would if the price was right, and a few things that I saw and couldn't live without, but nothing big at all.
Did look at the Mini Max machines. I got to look at the S16. Nice machine, but it in NO WAY would ever be mistaken for a MM16 substitute. So I've got to save my pennies over the next year. Hopefully they will run an end of the year sale similar to what they are doing this year on the MM16...1995.00, includes mobility and blades. No shipping for me. If I can't pick it up at the show next year I'll drive down to Austin to pick it up.
Sorry I didn't see any of you there. I was a little surprised at how many people were there for a Friday, and that it seemed to be a little smaller than last year, but it could have been that my eyes were much bigger then!
Hopefully everyone else that went today had a safe and enjoyable trip. Have a good weekend! Jim.