PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations again for John Keeton on another WOW cover!

Alan Trout
08-10-2010, 6:57 PM
Congratulations goes out again to John keeton on another deserving Cover at WOW of his latest HF.

Alan

Michael James
08-10-2010, 6:59 PM
Well deserved honor, and prolly worth framing the cover!
mj

Richard Madden
08-10-2010, 7:06 PM
Congratulations John. Your work is deserving of this honor.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-10-2010, 7:11 PM
Haven't seen it but I'm convinced it's worthy!

Congrats John.

John Keeton
08-10-2010, 8:00 PM
:o:o:o Thanks! I didn't even realize it until I saw this thread!!!:eek:

gary Zimmel
08-10-2010, 8:57 PM
Congrats for getting the honor a third time John.
I'm betting it won't be the last time though....

Steve Schlumpf
08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
John - a really BIG Congrats on getting your third WOW cover! That's a feat all by itself and one you should be proud of!

Looking forward to seeing what cover #4 is going to be!

David Christopher
08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
congrats John

what is WOW

James Combs
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I am not sure why a good wood turner like John is so thrilled to be on the cover of WOW magazine.:confused: I mean gee whiz what does World Of Warcraft have to do with wood turning?:rolleyes::D

Good show John, keep em turning.

Mark Hubl
08-11-2010, 1:48 AM
I heard the third times a charm. Congrats Mr. K. Well done.

Jeff Nicol
08-11-2010, 8:01 AM
Where and and what is WOW? I need to see what is happening there! I know that I am not on the high level of Sir Keeton but I humbly request info to the wonderfrul world of WOW.

Please,

Jeff

bob svoboda
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
I saw the piece when I logged on to the site this morning-recognized it immediately. Congratulations John! Well deserved recognition of very nice turning.

Chris Stolicky
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Saw it this morning and thought, "Man, this guy had to have been turning well before he announced it here on the forum!" :D

Congrats by the way.

John Keeton
08-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks all, for the continued supportive comments! You welcomed me into your midst a few months ago, and even treat me like family now!:)

I heard the third times a charm. Mark, I just hope it isn't "three strikes and you are OUT!"

Nigel Tracy
08-14-2010, 7:50 PM
Where and and what is WOW? I need to see what is happening there! I know that I am not on the high level of Sir Keeton but I humbly request info to the wonderfrul world of WOW.

Please,

Jeff
Congrats John!

I'm with Jeff and others, I'd like to see the cover shot--what is WOW?

John Keeton
08-14-2010, 8:59 PM
Thanks, Nigel! WoW is World of Woodturners, a website comprised of woodturners from all over the world. Membership is by invitation, and several turnings are posted each day. And, each day, of those recent postings, a turning is chosen to be the cover piece for that day.

William Hutchinson
08-15-2010, 7:15 AM
He made other covers too... and on the serious side, if you haven't seen Mr. Keeton's show case in The American Woodturner (http://www.americanwoodturner.org/), under Resident Artist Gallery, check it out

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/wlhutch/time-keeton-moy.gif

Tony De Masi
08-15-2010, 8:52 AM
Congrats John. Haven't seen the item though. Was it a table leg?

Tony

John Keeton
08-15-2010, 9:30 AM
Congrats John. Haven't seen the item though. Was it a table leg?

TonyInside joke, Tony!!!!:D:p Now, that was funny!

William, surely with all this acclaim comes instant monetary fortune beyond comprehension - right?!??!?:rolleyes:

William may be allergic to cocobolo, and look like he has leprosy, but he can still do the Photoshop thing!;)

Bernie Weishapl
08-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Congrats John. Well deserved.

Nigel Tracy
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Nigel! WoW is World of Woodturners, a website comprised of woodturners from all over the world. Membership is by invitation, and several turnings are posted each day. And, each day, of those recent postings, a turning is chosen to be the cover piece for that day.
Thanks for filling me in, although I, unable to view the cover since I haven't been invited to, admit to feeling a little left out... what was the piece?

John Keeton
08-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Nigel, I admit to being vain enough that I did save a screen shot of my 15 minutes of fame (or 24 hours in this case!)

Sid Matheny
08-15-2010, 7:31 PM
Congratulations John! I have been out of town and have not checked the WOW site for several days. That is what I get for not checking in.:(

Sid