PDA

View Full Version : Have I read correctly?

Brandon Weiss
08-10-2010, 2:46 PM
Are the BORG's taking the Harbor Freight coupons? That would be fantastic to get 20% off at the BORG each time I go....

Karl Card
08-10-2010, 3:52 PM
Regular price at the borg, so what, percent off coupons makes things come to life...

I wouldnt know this by first hand knowledge of course but the post offices have started stocking the lowe's mailers and they have 10 percent off coupons in them that the big 3 take. (lowe's, HD, Menards)

Barry Lyndon
08-10-2010, 4:42 PM
I've gotten Home Depot to take a 20% off HF coupon once. I wanted to buy a pressure washer so I basically called all the Home Depots and Lowes around me and asked to talk to customer service or a manager until I found one willing to take the HF coupon. Then when I went in to purchase the washer the actual store manager (not the dept. manager I talked to on the phone) was called over to verify the coupon was okay to use. He immediately said no and I had to argue with him for a good 10 minutes to get him to take it. I wouldn't have bothered arguing if one of his managers hadn't told me they would take it before I made the trip to the store. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is if you are willing to work for it and it's worth it to you, you may be able to get the 20% off. Unless you're really lucky though, I wouldn't count on finding a store where you can consistently use them

Lee Bidwell
08-10-2010, 5:31 PM
Like Barry said, I have found it to be completely store and even checkout person/manager dependent. The checkers at the lumber checkout at my regular HD consistently take the coupon, but I've had it rejected at the regular checkout line. My closest Lowe's absolutely will not take it, but I have gotten the next Lowe's down the road to take it no questions asked. Just ask around.

Lee

matt swiderski
08-10-2010, 6:04 PM
There is one Home Depot that will take them on any item (got a nice Weber grill:)). The other one said that they didn't consider Harbor Freight a competitor, and that they only matched Lowes coupons. I went to lowes and they said that they will match it, if Harbor Freight sells it. Usually I just go to Home Depot, since I can use it on what ever I want. So like everybody else is saying, it just depends.
Matt

Jon Prouty
08-10-2010, 7:20 PM
I tried it once - on a window AC unit. Saved $80 bucks!!! Can't believe they took it. I smiled nice and kind to the check out girl. Doesn't hurt.

Matt Logana
08-10-2010, 9:55 PM
Does Sears take them? I found a nice little table saw for $367 and change... but would be nice to get it for around $300... If they will I might just convince my family to take a trip to get it...