PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Joe Luzich
08-10-2010, 6:32 AM
I have a Nova DVR XP and want to purchase a holdfast vaxuum chuck. Is there anything I need, other than what's in the package, to hook it up. I want to make sure this is all I need before I buy it. Thanks for the help in advance.:confused:

Roger Chandler
08-10-2010, 7:21 AM
You will need a compressor to power the venturi...........

Don Geiger
08-10-2010, 3:29 PM
Find out how many CFM the Venturi requires and at what pressure. You must have a compressor that puts out four times (4X) as much volume at the rated pressure. This is because most compressors duty rating is 25%, which means if it has to run over 25% of the time to keep up with the demand, it will overheat. Depending on the condition of the temperature override switch, it may or may not cut off, but the heat will eventually cause the windings to fail. Also, think about the amount of energy being consummed and noise produced. Also, if the compressor is running a lot you need to install an automatic drain system on the tank or else your tank will get water in it and cause rust.

Most rotary vane vacuum pumps are 100% duty rated which means they can run 24 hours per day without overheating.

I have a $4000 rotary scroll compressor that has a 100% duty rating, but I chose to use 3/4 hp rotary vane pumps for my vacuum systems (I have 2).

My opinions are based on personal experience. I have been in the equipment business (using, designing and selling) for my entire career (40+ years).

I hope this is of some help to you.

Don Geiger