PDA

View Full Version : My PITH swap

Peter Hay in Aus
08-10-2010, 4:29 AM
Hex pen on stand I felt entering this level 2 I would experiment all round.

Regards Peter.

My swap in this forum should have arrived as well.

Norm Zax
08-10-2010, 5:04 AM
Nice pen there Peter and beautiful setup! Is that a down-under sourced pen kit?

Peter Hay in Aus
08-10-2010, 8:00 AM
Hi mate, The Pen Kit is called Vertex from Penn State,my cup of tea when I first laid eyes on it I wanted to make hex pens to make in my opinion the most of the kit shape. This feeling haS NOW RUN ITS COURSE.

i DO HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH GOLF CLUBS ET AL. made a ripper for my mate Ed Brown in the USA for his birthday recently. I have memories as a young man caddying for the Royal Canberra Championship that was high on the Calendar those days for the best in the world carrying, cleaning up to two rounds a day seemed like hundreds of clubs, umbrellas, food etc. thinking one day I will be a top golfer and some keen kid like me will bust a gut for very little while I have fun belting that ball around.

Alas I met my intended at the tender age of 17 yrs been working for two years then three years later really happily married, no time for golf. Fifty five years later here I am with a wry smile and a lifetime of memories.

We are coming toward spring, take care. Regards Peter.

bob svoboda
08-10-2010, 9:21 AM
Beautiful work as usual Peter. Regards, Bob

David E Keller
08-10-2010, 9:37 AM
That's a beautiful pen, Peter. I think the hex design really looks good with that kit.

Paul Douglass
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Nice pen. That pen kit is one of my favorites for looks and one of the few clicks I like. I even had a dream last night about how I could make a jig for my router table so I could make a hex blank. Probably only work in a dream.

Peter Hay in Aus
08-10-2010, 7:16 PM
Paul, Have a peep on the Aussie U Beaut Forum under Pen Turning you will see a simple as method used there that is using basic cheap parts with wood, essentially it is a device to drive a cutter at right angles to the blank and an indexing method easy to see with the pics. My method uses a clamped collar to my Mill Drill with an outrigger clamp to support a finishing router to the quill. On the moveable table I bolt a small metal lathe fitted with an indexing 72 toothed gear with a small locking gear to index anything divided by 72.

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Peter.