PDA

View Full Version : Uni Arbor Bearings

Greg Bender
08-09-2010, 8:53 PM
Wondering if anybody knew what model number bearings are in a newer X-5 Unisaw.I have the Delta numbers but figured I'd pick them up from my local Bearing supply house.
Thanx,Greg

Bruce Wrenn
08-09-2010, 9:26 PM
Most likely 6203 - 2RS. That is what all the older Delta contractor's saws and Uni's used. Many like the Nachi brand from Accurate Bearings. Ask for Lynn. Because the loading on a saw is so light, the brand really doesn't matter, IMHO. I buy them in bulk (ten or more) for about $2.50 each from Reid Industries. The 6203 is the most common bearing in use. Most electric motors, less than five HP have one of more in them. I replaced the bearings in a 3 HP, three phase motor, and the small one was a 6203. Both ends of the motor on a Delta contractor's saw use the 6203's. Same for idler / tension pulley on belts on automobiles.

Bob Aquino
08-09-2010, 9:28 PM
You should be able to show the old bearings or pull the numbers off and get replacements. But I'm curious why you need bearings on a saw that cant be more than say 10-12 years old? They should be good for 20 years of homeowner use unless there was some sort of physical damage.

Dave Lehnert
08-09-2010, 9:43 PM
Also wondering why the need for bearings so soon.
I own a JET table saw and thought the bearings were shot. Turns out the set screw on the pulleys were lose and caused the noise. May want to check it out before going to the problem of replacing the bearings.

Greg Bender
08-10-2010, 3:55 PM
Dave and Bob,
the deal here is that I bought a used X-5 that had been used a couple of years in a Home Theatre fab shop so it was supposedly lightly used cutting mostly MDF. Well when I got it home and under power it had a rather violent way of starting up,it has no ramp up to the motor start up.It is instantaneous and it jerks bad.So I talked to delta and they started recommending things to check.I replaced the belts, and diconnected the motor and started it,it started fine and smoothly.But while I had it apart they also said to check the bearings since it had a lot of mdf dust and when I checked the bearing closest to the blade it had kind of a hitch when I spun it so I decided to eliminate that possible problem from the equation since I had it apart.So it goes,I got the saw for a song after I contacted the seller about the condition of it and they gave me a bunch of money back so what the heck....Other than that I don't know where to look next.Sadly ,it has a WEG motor and as a industrial electrician I'm not especially enamored with them to start with.
Thanx,Greg