PDA

View Full Version : Segmented Vase

Randy Gazda
08-08-2010, 9:51 PM
I haven't been turning a lot this summer, but did manage to complete this vase. The wood is walnut, maple, and quilted maple. About 9" tall and 6" wide. I don't like the shape but the walls were too thin to change the shape by time I decide I didn't like were it was going. :mad:

For my first segmented vase I am happy with it.

David E Keller
08-08-2010, 9:55 PM
It's pretty. Great job for a first or tenth segmented piece. Great wood combo. Looking forward to seeing your next piece.

Donny Lawson
08-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice vase. Segmented turning looks hard to do but you make it look easy.
Donny

Carl Miller
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Randy - I think it looks great. Sometimes the shape is really completed until something gets put into it. Some dry flowers or cat tails let you essentially change the form as you please. Ask your wife - she'll fix it right up.

John Keeton
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Randy, you picked the perfect wood combo, and I think you did a great job with this piece. I admire you guys that take on the segmentation challenge!!

Steve Mawson
08-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Boy if my first segmented piece is anything like yours I will be more than satisfied. I can give you my address if you really don't like it. Nice piece.

John Hart
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm never going to do a segmented piece. You must have the patience of a mountain Randy. Too bad you ran into a thickness problem. This layout is very appealing and the wood choices are great!. :)

Bernie Weishapl
08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
That is a awful pretty piece. Really nice for a first for sure.

Michael James
08-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Randy, nice job! I really like the colors and how you made the segments look "mortered" like bricks. I dont ever remember seeing that. If thats your 1st Im dying to see your 10th!
mj