PDA

View Full Version : Mt3 Question

James Combs
08-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Has any one ever seen or know where I can find a MT3 taper to 1" 8tpi adapter. I would like to chuck up my Nova 2 wood chuck in my metal lathe for truing up some nova jaws that seem to have a lot of wobble. The metal lathe has an MT3 taper and/or a three jaw chuck. The three jaw chuck will not open far enough to hold the Nova 2.

george wilson
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Unless there is a draw bar holding the Morse Taper shank of any size in place,the chuck can come flying out of the spindle at any time. MT 3 to 2 adapters are readily available from Enco. Like I said,though,you could get yourself injured.

James Combs
08-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Unless there is a draw bar holding the Morse Taper shank of any size in place,the chuck can come flying out of the spindle at any time. MT 3 to 2 adapters are readily available from Enco. Like I said,though,you could get yourself injured.

The use of a draw bar to lock in the tapered adapter is a given. Sorry if it sounded otherwise. The metal lathe has a 3/4 through hole through the spindle for just that purpose and for knock-out of the adapter.

lawrence dosson
08-08-2010, 3:50 PM
James
i have done that very thing i just chuck a 1 inch 8 thread bolt with the head removed right in the three jaw .. just buy a quality bolt so it does not wobble and if it does wobble true it first ...lawrence