PDA

View Full Version : Sommerfelds Cabinetmaking Set and Easy SetUp jig

eric buggeln
08-07-2010, 5:37 PM
Started working with the Cabinetmaking set and Easy set up jig today. I have watched the videos and it all seemed pretty straight forward. I can make a door (out of MDF) easily, but the rails always sit a bit proud of the stiles. I have experimented with changing to different heights on the jig, since my stock is in between 3/4 and 25/32, but I always get the same amount proud. I am really hoping I am doing something wrong bc I cant afford sending them back right now bc this project is for a client. If anyone has any enlightenment I would appreciate it, thanks eric

eric buggeln
08-07-2010, 5:53 PM
I was just playing with some of the scrap cut stiles and rails and found that ones from different heights will make a perfect fit. Kind of takes away from the whole Easy Set up idea. Interested to know if anyone thinks these might not be calibrated right and I have no chance of getting them to match up with the jig? thanks Eric

charlie kapper
08-07-2010, 6:54 PM
I believe there are troubleshooting instructions in his catalog that may solve the issue you are expereincing. I have not checked his web site to see if they were there.

Charlie

eric buggeln
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Charlie, thanks for the heads up on the troubleshooting. I stared long and hard at it last night and came up with the same ideas as the catalog suggests. Will let you know if this fixes the problem, thanks Eric

eric buggeln
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Calibration took two tries and under 5 minutes. Eric

scott vroom
08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Eric, where did you find the troubleshooting instructions? I just purchased the same setup.

Thanks

Ken Fitzgerald
08-08-2010, 1:43 PM
Scott,

I think this is where he found them: http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/st_instructions_and_plans.asp

scott vroom
08-08-2010, 9:51 PM
Yep, Ken, that's what I was looking for...thanks.