PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Michael Simpson Virgina
08-07-2010, 2:54 PM
Say you have 20 small circles that are .10 in diameter.

Is is possible to change the diameter on all of them to .15 without doing them individualy?

Tony Lenkic
08-07-2010, 4:57 PM
Yes,

After making first one "CLONE" it. Any change you do to original will reflect on others.

Gary Hair
08-07-2010, 7:06 PM
Attached is a macro to do exactly what you want. Select the circles and enter the size you want them to be. I didn't write it, not sure who did.

Gary

P.S. I used this on a cribbage board template to change 480 circles a few thou. - never would have happened without the macro!

Carl Sewell
08-07-2010, 7:18 PM
.........not sure who did.

P.S. I used this on a cribbage board template to change 480 circles a few thou. - never would have happened without the macro!

You're very welcome.

Michael Simpson Virgina
08-08-2010, 1:59 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!

Mike Null
08-08-2010, 6:26 AM
For those who are new to the forum, Carl is one of the "macro masters" and sells his macros at very reasonable prices. He can also develop, for a fee, a special macro for your needs.

I use one of his macros everyday in my name tag business.

You can contact him by pm.

Gary Hair
08-08-2010, 11:29 AM
You're very welcome.

And I can't tell you how sorry I am that I forgot that you wrote that macro. I was having a brain )^%&* and thought it was more important to help them than to try to remember who wrote it. I'll probably not forget again...

Thanks Carl!

Gary

Lee DeRaud
10-09-2010, 3:52 PM
One thing that had bothered me about that macro is that it doesn't handle circles that are part of a group, e.g. my cribbage board layout components. Took a bunch of digging into the Corel VBA object model, but I was able to get it to work for 'embedded' circles. The modified version is attached, along with a (very) similar macro that does the same thing for rectangles, for adjusting slot-and-tab constructs to work with different material thicknesses without rescaling the whole drawing. (Note that you need to leave your slots as separate rectangle objects for this to work.)

And a tip of the hat to Carl for the original...

Peter Meacham
01-04-2012, 8:33 AM
Can someone remind me how to add macros to the Corel Draw macro library pls.

Thanks, Pete