PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy life, stop belly-aching...

Mike Cruz
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
I just got a bit of news from a friend today. When she called, I knew why she was calling...to wish me a happy birthday. Well, yes, it was a "day late HB" and all, but there was a pretty good reason for the delay in her call.

Yesterday, a friend of hers went into the hospital with stomach pains. Today, he passed away. Wednesday, he was playing golf. He was in one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country, and they don't even know what was wrong with him.

Don't just live every day like it is your last, drop the pettiness that keeps you from enjoy the present.

He was only 47.

I turned 42 yesterday...

Matt Ranum
08-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I've always believed that when its your time.....its your time. Can't always rationalize it but half to accept it. Whats hardest is when it happens and they can't find any rhyme or reason for it. I lived through that with a niece who passed away in her sleep. Took 6 months before a plausible theory was put out for what caused the death.

Happy birthday by the way....live life to its fullest.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
My father died at age 46 leaving my Mom to finish raising the last 3 of 6. I have outlived Dad by 15 years. Every day is precious. Enjoy them.

Happy Birthday Mike!

David Christopher
08-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Happy birthday Mike, I just retired a couple of weeks ago, and Im enjoying everyday

Bruce Page
08-06-2010, 11:14 PM
You just never know when your time is up, and your right, we spend too much time worrying about the small stuff.

Happy Birthday!

Steve Schlumpf
08-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Mike! Hope you had cake!

Jim Koepke
08-07-2010, 12:26 AM
We do need to take every day for all it is worth.

I am a bit skeptical of doctors. When living in California, I had abdominal pains and ended up in the ER. Their first thought was heart attack and everything was based on that diagnosis. Thank God it wasn't. They never did figure out what it was.

It occurred again after we moved to Washington. The ER here did not assume heart attack and did some tests and discovered gall stones. They then gave me pain killers that helped alleviate the pain.

It may just be that some doctors do not diagnose as well as other doctors.

jim

John Coloccia
08-07-2010, 7:30 AM
Live every day like you're gonna die, because you're gonna.

:D

Walter Plummer
08-07-2010, 7:39 AM
"It may just be that some doctors do not diagnose as well as other doctors."
That is why they call it a practice.:p

Curt Harms
08-07-2010, 7:47 AM
Live every day like you're gonna die, because you're gonna.

:D

I guess that's one way to look at it :D

Mike Cruz
08-07-2010, 8:05 AM
I figured many of you could relate. And for those who can't, let's hope you don't, but still live it up.

Also, although it wasn't my intention to get birthday attention, thanks for the Happy Birthdays.

Belinda Barfield
08-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Happy belated birthday, Mike. Since I lost my aunt recently I have been trying to not sweat the petty stuff and do more living, but I'm having a hard time working that into my schedule. Thanks for posting and reminding me I need to try harder!

Phyllis Meyer
08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Too many in my family have died too young and so unexpectedly...it has changed our way of living for sure! We count the Blessings we have and treasure each day, and the fact that God allowed us to see another day!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)