PDA

View Full Version : This may be one of those too good to be true deals

Stuart Nelson
08-06-2010, 6:57 PM
In another post on this forum, I said that I was having trouble with the motor on my HF 34706 lathe. I called customer service today and asked how much a new motor costs. I was shocked at the answer.....$42.30 plus $9.95 shipping. I am not ready to upgrade to a better lathe so this might be the most reasonable thing to do at this point. It seems to be very cheap but I also know this is one of the lower priced lathes. I got six years of use from this lathe with no problems. Maybe I could get a few years out of this motor. I haven't quite decided yet to order it but it is a possibility. I have a 3/4 hp GE motor but it is much to big and I don't think it can be mounted to the lathe. I wish that this one could be used since I think it would be a much better quality motor

David E Keller
08-06-2010, 7:01 PM
If it's the same type of motor you just rode for six years, I wouldn't hesitate to get one. At the whopping sum of a little less than $9/year, it sounds like a bargain.

Paul Douglass
08-06-2010, 9:51 PM
I bought one of their 3hp motors for my old craftsmans table saw. It's been on there for 7-8 years and still going. Coarse the saw doesn't get a whole lot of use anymore.