PDA

View Full Version : G1023rl unboxing

keith micinski
08-06-2010, 2:48 PM
So here it is. All I could think about the whole way home was that there is no way I am going to be able to write a funny enough post for Grizzly to send me a new saw when this thing goes flying off the trailer. Then I couldn't wait for any help to come so that unloading it wasn't dangerous but luckily I got it home and off of the trailer with out any incident. I will have more pictures later today I have had to run errands all day and at this rate I won't be using this saw till next week. On a side note I do want to say that I am sorry to all of the guys that have been waiting for this saw for months and I was able to get mine a few days after ordering. that having been said I am going to enjoy the hell out of my new saw.

David Christopher
08-06-2010, 3:02 PM
congrats on the new saw.....looks great and.... you suck

Dave Lehnert
08-06-2010, 3:27 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

Harold Burrell
08-06-2010, 3:33 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

I second that.

george wilson
08-06-2010, 3:41 PM
I like the large handwheels,with their round edges.

Joe Leigh
08-06-2010, 4:04 PM
On a side note I do want to say that I am sorry to all of the guys that have been waiting for this saw for months and I was able to get mine a few days after ordering.

If that's the way Grizzly does business than I'm glad I bailed out and went with the Powermatic.
Having said that, Congrats on the new saw! Be safe...

Mike Cruz
08-06-2010, 4:25 PM
Go scratch that thing up so you aren't afraid to use it!

Congrats.

Cary Falk
08-06-2010, 5:09 PM
I like the large handwheels,with their round edges.

I agree. They look huge!!

keith micinski
08-06-2010, 6:16 PM
Boy I don't know why I didn't do more this week to get the shop ready for the new saw I still have to run a new 220 line and rearrange everything. I am torn because I am building my own mobile base and side table with underneath storage and a built in router table. It really would be a lot easier to maneuver the saw around with everything off of it but it could be weeks before the side table and storage is built and there is no way I am going to wait that long to use the new saw.

Paul McGaha
08-06-2010, 6:50 PM
Keith,

Congratulations on the new Saw. It's a beauty.

PHM

glenn bradley
08-06-2010, 7:29 PM
Yay. Congrats and no flying allowed.

Jim O'Dell
08-06-2010, 7:49 PM
If that's the way Grizzly does business than I'm glad I bailed out and went with the Powermatic.
Having said that, Congrats on the new saw! Be safe...

Joe and others, Shiraz posted in the other thread that this is a different saw than others had ordered. RL vs RLX. So untwist the shorts, :D:D:D everything is on the up and up. Jim.

Joe Leigh
08-06-2010, 9:05 PM
Joe and others, Shiraz posted in the other thread that this is a different saw than others had ordered. RL vs RLX. So untwist the shorts, :D:D:D everything is on the up and up. Jim.

Not quite. This is the saw I ordered, the 1023RL, in February. 6 months ago. It was delayed 4-5 times between then and June when I canceled the order. Now someone picks one up a few days after ordering it while others are still waiting? Before all back orders are filled?

Sorry for the hijack. Congrats again to Keith.

Mikail Khan
08-06-2010, 9:43 PM
Congrats on the new saw Keith.

MK

Jesse Wilson
08-06-2010, 9:56 PM
Not quite. This is the saw I ordered, the 1023RL, in February. 6 months ago. It was delayed 4-5 times between then and June when I canceled the order. Now someone picks one up a few days after ordering it while others are still waiting? Before all back orders are filled?

Sorry for the hijack. Congrats again to Keith.

If you canceled the order how do you know yours wouldn't be at your doorstep any day now?

David Helm
08-06-2010, 10:57 PM
If he ordered the RL it probably would be. I knew that my saw is the RLX, the difference being the long rails. Just surprised that the stores only got the short rail ones. All that aside, congratulations Keith. I hope you enjoy using your saw. Get that 240 volt circuit run; it really isn't all that hard. I have 3 dedicated 240 circuits; one for the saw (my old saw was a jet cabinet saw, the story of its demise is on an old thread here at SMC), one for dust collection (modifying my 2hp jet with a McIntyre cyclone) and one for a tool to be named later (you never know what big motor machine you might "need"). Get the saw running and make some dust!

Jesse Wilson
08-06-2010, 11:40 PM
More pics!! ;)

Cary Falk
08-07-2010, 9:51 PM
Anybody know what this table plate(#125) is for? It only shows up in one drawn picture and the parts section of the manual. All photographs do not show it. Does it even exist on the saw?
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/caryincamas/tableplate.jpg

Van Huskey
08-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Congrats! Get it set up and give us a review, I know a lot of people are waiting on this saw!

keith micinski
08-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I got the 220 circuit run tonight and am hoping to get the saw mostly setup tomorrow. I am going to have to make due with my side table setup from my Delta contractors saw for now while I build my new side table with router cabinet and built in mobile base.

keith micinski
08-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Cary, I was a wondering what that plate was for also and yes it does exist on the saw.

Jim O'Dell
08-08-2010, 9:03 AM
Obviously access to something for adjustment. Riving knife? If so, it would be totally different RK than the 690/1 set up. Must post pictures!! :D Jim.

Rob Bedle
11-03-2010, 6:36 PM
Keith,

I am expecting my G1023RL to arrive tomorrow - as I live in Texas it is being delivered by freight with the lift gate service. The question I have, is did you have any problems removing it from the pallet? Since my shop is in a garage stall, I am hopeful that the driver will have a pallet lift to get it to the garage (he did when I got a 6" Grizzly jointer). I have just myself and any neighbor that I can round up as my wife really can't lift anything. I do have a handcart (small one).

For those who are still waiting, I expect that the RL model maybe more readily available than the one with the longer rails. I really don't have room for the longer rails as I have a small shop. The G1023RL will replace an older Jet contractor's saw - so I am excited. I had a tough choice between the G0690 and the G1023RL.

One other note - I called Grizzly Tech service and they assured me that it could run on a 20 amp, 220 volt breaker and that the 30 amp breaker in the specs is not required. The tech said the motor draws 14 amps, with 15 amps on start-up. He thinks the 30 amp requirement may be due to the CSA certification. I guess I'll know for sure in a few days.

Rob

Rob Bedle
11-04-2010, 5:06 PM
The saw arrived and I had no problems getting it into my shop with the help of a very friendly truck driver and a neighbor.

Now - I am looking forward to assembling it this weekend.

Rob

David Helm
11-04-2010, 6:30 PM
Keith,

I am expecting my G1023RL to arrive tomorrow - as I live in Texas it is being delivered by freight with the lift gate service. The question I have, is did you have any problems removing it from the pallet? Since my shop is in a garage stall, I am hopeful that the driver will have a pallet lift to get it to the garage (he did when I got a 6" Grizzly jointer). I have just myself and any neighbor that I can round up as my wife really can't lift anything. I do have a handcart (small one).

For those who are still waiting, I expect that the RL model maybe more readily available than the one with the longer rails. I really don't have room for the longer rails as I have a small shop. The G1023RL will replace an older Jet contractor's saw - so I am excited. I had a tough choice between the G0690 and the G1023RL.

One other note - I called Grizzly Tech service and they assured me that it could run on a 20 amp, 220 volt breaker and that the 30 amp breaker in the specs is not required. The tech said the motor draws 14 amps, with 15 amps on start-up. He thinks the 30 amp requirement may be due to the CSA certification. I guess I'll know for sure in a few days.

Rob

When my 1023RLX was delivered the delivery guy put the saw in my shop and removed all the big packaging and pallet for me.

keith micinski
11-04-2010, 8:26 PM
Sorry Rob didn't see your post till just now. As you saw the packaging wasn't that bad. I kept the bracket that held it down on the pallet just in case I ever move it again. The 20 amp breaker will be fine. That is what I am running and have had no troubles at all.