PDA

View Full Version : Source for golf ball markers?

Harper Abbot
08-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I need to quote ~200 golf ball markers. Anybody know a source? They need to be flat (no stud on the underside) and approx. 1" diameter. No color.

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
We get ours from www.chewbarka.com (http://www.chewbarka.com), not sure if I am suppose to post the link or not, if not . . . I'm sorry.

Harper Abbot
08-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I checked chewbarka, but I'm looking for something a bit more refined, and preferably ferromagnetic, so they can be attached to golf hats via magnet. I thought maybe 18-0 stainless disks if they have a nice finish. Still searching, but striking out so far. Thanks for the response!

Mike Null
08-06-2010, 7:11 AM
I doubt that 18-10 stainless is sufficiently magnetic. Anyway take a look at McMaster Carr.

AL Ursich
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I think FRANK at ChewBarka is the real answer man here.......

He already has the die to cut the blanks..... Have him cut them from STEEL and have him coat them on all sides for SUBLIMATION......

That is the TICKET..... A New Unisub Product....

Check out Unisub UN5776 Divot Tool and UN5777 Divot Key.

AL

Martin Boekers
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Pre cut dye sub discs are available in the size, you can cut mag sheet stock to attach to the other side. Haven't been able to find strong mag in sheets though
so it may not hold.

Ball markers are sold with golf gloves and have a snap pin to hold, so there can be some room on the back to attach something.

You may check with an ad specialties company, many sell blanks.

Here is a sight for steel discs

http://www.marvolus.com/Flat_Steel_Discs.asp

Nickle discs

http://www.beaducation.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_114

Marty

Harper Abbot
08-06-2010, 3:30 PM
I see a lot of sites with custom engraving of ball markers, and it definitely looks like they are purpose-built manufacured blank ball markers. I would consider steel discs, but they generally have a rough finish and would look too cheap for my purposes.

I intend to use cermark or try out the new plaster of paris trick.

Kathy Madan
08-06-2010, 6:24 PM
Try Engraving Specialties. They cut lots of stainless with nice edges.

Bill Cunningham
08-07-2010, 9:11 PM
What about 1" diameter rare earth magnets.. Their nickle plated & I'm pretty sure you can use cermark on them.. The only draw back is with 30lbs pull if you get em stuck to something solid, you might not get them off without vice grips
http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/14851

john passek
08-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi Harper
You might have seen this web site already, I came across it tonight they sell cap clips, they are made in the US and aren't cheap but might work for you.
Good luck

http://www.pennantgolf.com/hat-clips.html

Harper Abbot
08-08-2010, 1:57 AM
I hadn't seen them - requested some samples, thanks!

Not sure about the neodymium disc magnets - those suckers are serious business, and they're also pretty fragile. They also might get furry with iron dust after being on the green a few times :)

john passek
08-09-2010, 5:49 PM
Just thinking ( that can be dangerous ) LOL
What about velcro.

Lee DeRaud
08-09-2010, 6:26 PM
What about 1" diameter rare earth magnets.. Their nickle plated & I'm pretty sure you can use cermark on them.. The only draw back is with 30lbs pull if you get em stuck to something solid, you might not get them off without vice gripsLike the head of your putter, for instance.

Long on entertainment value, short on practicality.

Harper Abbot
08-10-2010, 2:24 PM
Just thinking ( that can be dangerous ) LOL
What about velcro.

The idea is for them to be thin and lay very flat on the green, so that if another ball passes over them, its path is not affected much.

I ordered some steel disc samples, not much known about them yet, but we'll see how they look when they arrive. The price was right, but they may be too rough looking to be appropriate as corporate gifts for a tournament...

Bill Cunningham
08-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Like the head of your putter, for instance.

Long on entertainment value, short on practicality.

Quite possible.. I'm not much of a golfer.. I don't even know the correct way to swing a caddy..:D Plus, a bad teenage experience due to a misunderstanding on the name of one of those 'washer' things found on the course:eek:

Bill Gailey
08-12-2010, 8:45 AM
I have been working with Tobe at Unisub on this project for steel disc that are coated for sublimation so they can be printed in full color in small quantities and would also work with the magnetic holders. I received an email yesterday that he had been greenlighted for a production run on a 3/4 inch diameter disc for coating. I should have samples in my shop next week for print testing. If all goes well these disc will soon be available. I am still working on a suitable source for the other part of the ballmarker so that we will have both pieces available for those of us that do this type work in quantities too small for the ad specialty folks to deal with

Mike Null
08-12-2010, 8:55 AM
Bill

I sent you a pm regarding advertising and our rules. While you don't yet have anything to sell this does border on advertising.

I wish you good luck with your endeavor.