PDA

View Full Version : Here is the Ice Cream

James Combs
08-05-2010, 9:07 PM
Scoop that is.:p

While waiting on the finish to dry on the wormy apple bowl I turned this handle for an ice cream scoop kit I have. It needs at least a 1.25" turning blank and since maple is all I have in that size... well you guess it the handle is maple.:rolleyes:

Finish - Watco Natural Oil

BTW what is the best way to present something like this in a photo. I tried it on a pen cradle but that didn't do it then I tried with it just by it self. What do you think?

C&C welcome and solicited. Thanks for looking

David E Keller
08-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Nice job... I've never made one of those, but I love the way yours turned out. I like the photos as well.

Matt Ranum
08-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice scoop!

I suddenly have a craving for ice cream :confused:

Cathy Schaewe
08-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Probably nobody will agree with me, but I like the photos without the cradle better. I find it distracting from the scoop. And the scoop is too nice to be distracted! Now I have to go check out the freezer ... ;)

Bernie Weishapl
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Nice looking scoop. Just came from the freezer and used mine to fill up my ice cream bowl.:D

John Beaver
08-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I like photo 2. It looks the most like an ice cream scoop. You might try it with the handle aiming more towards the camera since you are showing off the handle and not the scoop.

Billy Tallant
08-06-2010, 2:14 AM
That scoop looks good. I made my parents one in the brass finish. I think I need to make another one. I like your finish better. For picture presentation, that scoop would look good sitting in a fresh batch of homemade icecream. :)

John Keeton
08-06-2010, 5:48 AM
JD, nice job on the scoop! I, too, like the #2 pic, but would turn it so the handle is more prominent.

You could always laminate some walnut and maple to get a blank. That is what I do for my tool handles and they work out great.

James Combs
08-06-2010, 7:50 AM
I like photo 2. It looks the most like an ice cream scoop. You might try it with the handle aiming more towards the camera since you are showing off the handle and not the scoop.

Thanks everyone. For future presentations I agree, one photo at least should have the handle prominent but I will also include the one with the scoop prominent to show off the scoop/band/wood interface.

Again thanks much for the comments and for looking.:)