PDA

View Full Version : question on floor tile

Charlie Reals
08-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I am putting in an Armstrong vinyl self stick tile. I will be putting down 1/4 acx first. The tile instructions say to prime with a latex primer. Do they mean a specific primer or will any latex primer do?
Charlie

Rich Engelhardt
08-06-2010, 6:00 AM
I'm partial to Zinsser Bullseye 1*2*3. The interior/exterior one.
They also make an interior only, but, I've found the other one works better for all around use.

Peter Stahl
08-06-2010, 2:39 PM
I am putting in an Armstrong vinyl self stick tile. I will be putting down 1/4 acx first. The tile instructions say to prime with a latex primer. Do they mean a specific primer or will any latex primer do?
Charlie

There usually is a special primer from the tile manufacturer. I put some down years ago and use the specified primer. Tiles really stuck well. Make sure you keep the area clean and flat, everything will show through the tile.

Charlie Reals
08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
There usually is a special primer from the tile manufacturer. I put some down years ago and use the specified primer. Tiles really stuck well. Make sure you keep the area clean and flat, everything will show through the tile.
There was no specific primer called for by armstrong. I went with the Zinser and it seems to work fine. I have laid a ton of ceramic tile but never vinyl.
Thanks for the info, Charlie