PDA

View Full Version : myrtle beach

Dahl Troy Perry
08-05-2010, 9:07 AM
Had to take wife to lay on the beach. Is there any wood shops. Near that would have turning stuff? I'm not the type to lay on the beach!!

Jim Underwood
08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Sometimes you can find some nice wood washed up on the beach itself.

I'm not one to lie on the beach either though. Too dang hot and bright!:mad:

I tend to wade in the shallows watching for critters. Then if I get bored with that, I get out the bucket, shovel, and carving tools and make sand sculptures.

As long as I'm making something, I can survive it....:D (I really do love the beach though.)

Or if there's a nice breeze, I dearly love to sail... or fly kites...

Von Bickley
08-05-2010, 2:45 PM
You are out of luck if you are looking for any kind of woodworking around Myrtle Beach. I have never been able to find any.

The only thing I have seen at Myrtle Beach is a Black & Decker outlet on Highway 501 at the "501 Outlets"...... Not much there to look at.

Will Scott
08-05-2010, 11:42 PM
There is a Workshop Tools across from Tanger Outlets on 501.

Donny Lawson
08-06-2010, 6:32 AM
When you go to the beach you need to carry a Metal Detector and look for items washed up or lost on the beach.I will be going to PC beach in a few weeks and looking for money and rings.I done real well last year.Made enough to buy some pen supplies.Maybe this year will be even better.
Donny

David Woodruff
08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Other than the shop Will mentioned, I have found nothing aroung Myrtle Beach. I would guess merchants rely on the average beach goer not the lonely woodturner. Take a day trip back to Raleigh, there are some good shops in that area. Check the resource section of the AAW directory.