PDA

View Full Version : Pm2000

Rich Johnson
08-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Wow, thats all I can say. The semi backed down my street Friday and unloaded a 725lb crate. To be honest I got tired of waiting on the new Grizzly and yes it cost a little more but what a machine. Set it up Sat and everything was aligned out of the box...just a slight adjustement on the fence.

I put a 25 foot cord on it and when I run the internal casters down it can roll around anywhere in the garage as well as go on the driveway for cutting outside on a nice day. Just grab the table extension and put it where u want.

OK gloat over. I have been looking for a dust adapter for the 4 inch port. Went to the local Rockler and their products will not fit.

For right now I am going to just hook it up to a shop vac. Until I get something nicer. Any suggestions on a reducer from the 4 inch port to a shop VAC from the PM2000 owners?

Neil Brooks
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Sorry, but ... I'm insanely jealous.

Enjoy :)

Paul McGaha
08-05-2010, 7:37 AM
Rich,

Congratulations on the PM-2000. How about some pictures of it?

PHM

Will Boulware
08-05-2010, 9:26 AM
I'll second the pics request. I'm considering one of these myself. :cool:

Bryan Slimp
08-05-2010, 9:40 AM
Home Depot/Lowes/Menards/etc has plumbing couplers that can reduce 4'' drains down to other sizes. I use them. They're some type of rubber with radiator clamps around them.

You'll clog your filter pretty quick but it will work.

Tom Hintz
08-05-2010, 1:33 PM
Rich,

I also have the PM2000 and know the "wow" feeling well. I still get it after three years of thrashing this thing. It still purrs like a kitten, maybe a mahogany kitten?

Anyway, there is a little fable going around from time to time that the motor in the PM2000 is weak. It really is a slightly loose belt in every case I have seen personally.j With the flat serpentine belt that the PM2000 uses, it doesn't squeal and stuff when it is loose so you don't get an audible warning.

I got enough email about this when the rumor went around a couple years ago that I did a story on it. check it out and if your blade ever seems to slow down, look at the story/video again.

PM2000 Belt Slipping Story (http://www.newwoodworker.com/pm2000bltslip.html)

Rich Johnson
08-05-2010, 9:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the belt Tom. Good thing to keep in mind. I did take an inital picture when it arrived still in shrink wrap. I will have to run down my 14 year old to get it off the camera. Outside of that I couldnt wait to put the blade on it and start to work.

I didnt even put a vac on it for the first few cuts. I was amazed at how it tossed the dust out the 4 inch duct on the back. It hit the wall 5 feet away just from the air created by the blade.

When the wife said...dang thats quiet, all I could do was smile.