PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Frank Van Atta!!

John Keeton
08-04-2010, 8:43 PM
In the thread on the cholla vase (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=145340&page=2) that David Keller turned, I commented that I had ideas have been floating around in my head on the cholla.

Frank shipped me three pieces of cholla, a couple of them are 12" long and the other about 9". All are about 2" in diameter.

This is some interesting stuff!! Now, I just have to dream up something neat to do with it - lots of character! Lots of possibilities!

Thanks, again, Frank!

Jerry Marcantel
08-04-2010, 9:07 PM
That's some nice looking desert treasures you have there, John..... I know you'll do it justice..... Jerry (in Tucson)

Frank Van Atta
08-04-2010, 9:17 PM
My pleasure, John. Now comes the hard part: go forth and turn something interesting. :D

Allen Neighbors
08-04-2010, 9:23 PM
That's some nice looking desert treasures you have there, John..... I know you'll do it justice..... Jerry (in Tucson)

My pleasure, John. Now comes the hard part: go forth and turn something interesting. :D
You two gotta be in the same club with Wally.....

John Keeton, I'm waiting on you to turn something with that Cholla... (before I use the rest of mine).... I need something to shoot for....

Steve Schlumpf
08-04-2010, 9:36 PM
WOW - that's pretty cool John! Can't wait to see what you turn out of them!

Michael James
08-04-2010, 9:58 PM
Man, it's just dripping generosity and happiness around here....!
Way to go, Creek spirit!!!!:)

David E Keller
08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Very cool. Those pieces look a little different structurally from the stuff that Jerry sent me... Actually they look more like the cholla that I had seen prior to Jerry's stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

gary Zimmel
08-05-2010, 12:45 AM
A few cool chunks of wood.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like after going through the "Keeton Kitchen"..