PDA

View Full Version : coaster holder pattern

Lisa Walter
08-04-2010, 1:14 PM
Doe anyone have a pattern to share for a coaster holder that would hold 3.75 inch round coasters? They would be made of leather but I had planned on making the holder out of bendable plastic unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks so much

Lisa

Lisa Walter
08-04-2010, 1:17 PM
ps It would have to be round. I found a few square patterns on here that would nice but I am looking for a round one.

Lisa

Bruce Volden
08-04-2010, 2:28 PM
Lisa,

Can you not simply use 1/8" acrylic and use the laser to cut out your needed size? This would ascertain a perfect alignment for your machine.

Bruce

James E Baker
08-04-2010, 2:43 PM
Here's (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1533) one design for a coaster holder made of stacked LASER cut plexiglass that I found on Thingiverse.

Lisa Walter
08-04-2010, 2:45 PM
Lisa,

Can you not simply use 1/8" acrylic and use the laser to cut out your needed size? This would ascertain a perfect alignment for your machine.

Bruce

You lost me Bruce. Sometimes I'm an airhead like that.

I am trying to create a holder for leather coasters. I need it to be round. I am making the sides out of some bendable plastic...as in flimsy...not actually something I have to heat and bend (the base will probably be something harder of course). I am trying to create something myself but I was hoping someone had something done up already. The sides have to be round, so the material has to be able to bend around the hard base. I am trying to draw something up now on the computer. I made the side about a half inch tall and I am making it have tabs so it slides into the base and interlocks with it so I don't have to glue anything.

I guess I was just hoping there was something already done to save time. I searched back through the site and only found square holders.

Lisa

Lisa Walter
08-04-2010, 2:46 PM
Thank you I will check this out!

Lisa

Lisa Walter
08-04-2010, 2:47 PM
The customer wants leather coasters so I am stuck with finding something that will work with leather coasters...... and they want a round holder, not square. So I need to get creative LOL... sometimes that is hard tfor me.

Jeff Belany
08-05-2010, 2:05 PM
I have used holder for round coasters from this place. (replace the DOT)

www.thewaltoncompanyDOTcom/Coaster-Caddie-Holds-4ea-P491C32.aspx

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Lee DeRaud
08-05-2010, 4:43 PM
The customer wants leather coasters so I am stuck with finding something that will work with leather coasters...... and they want a round holder, not square. So I need to get creative LOL... sometimes that is hard tfor me.How tall does it have to be? (I.e. how many coasters of what thickness does it have to hold?)

I'm thinking in terms of an acrylic disk 3/8"-1/2" larger diameter than the coasters, with four posts using either acrylic rod (looks better but more expensive/labor-intensive) or threaded nylon standoffs from the hardware store (cheap/easy, not as pretty).

The stacked-acrylic holder in James' post can be made round (or pretty much any outer shape you want), but regardless of the shape, it seems like that design ends up sucking up more money and laser time than the coasters...

Ron Thompson
08-05-2010, 4:46 PM
James,

I'm having problems trying to open the cdr file. Do you have a good copy of the file you could post?

Ron Thompson

James E Baker
08-05-2010, 7:47 PM
James,

I'm having problems trying to open the cdr file. Do you have a good copy of the file you could post?

Ron Thompson
No worries. I downloaded the file and it opened fine in X4. I saved a copy in Ver 9 format (with the BMP images removed so it would fit within the attachment file limits).