PDA

View Full Version : Robland slider saw mdl z329

Dave Lehnert
08-03-2010, 9:33 PM
Not interested in this tool. just wondering about it. Came up for sale in my area for $4,000. A search does not bring up any info. it is a
ROBLAND SLIDER SAW MDL Z329. No photo was posted.

Know anything about it? Just wondering for future reference.

Erik Christensen
08-04-2010, 7:51 AM
I have a Robland XZ slider saw - it is not a slider like most - there is about 7" between the blade and sliding table. If the one you are looking at is just a saw & not a multi-tool I think the price is way too high. I bought mine used for about a quarter of that price.

The saw is an OK tool - not sure if I would buy it again. The table is large with the steel extensions and the sliding table works well but for some things it is a royal pain. It is basically useless as a dado cutter - the cast iron saw shroud and flanged mounting bolt vs a typical stud with a nut means putting a stacked dado set in without dinging a carbide tooth on the iron shroud is an exercise in anger management plus the lever arm for blade height makes changing height super fast but to get the blade height to an exact measurement is almost impossible.

Mike Wilkins
08-04-2010, 9:22 AM
If you are interested, go to the source, and call Laguna for some additional information on that model. If it is one of their larger sliders, that price is not a bad deal.