PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal on Trend Air pro Battery

Ken Glass
08-02-2010, 8:58 PM
Hey Gang,
I've missed everyone. I see John finally married Dolly Pardon. LOL I've been rebuilding my MGB sports car for the last several months and just got back to turning some items and I'll post some tomorrow. I wanted to let everyone know the great buy I found on Amazon.com for those who own the Trend Air/Pro shield, look at the following link. I bought (1) one battery the other day for $9.99 and got it today. Same as original. I ordered another a few minutes ago. It even ships free. I have seen them sell for as much as $70. Take a look.http://www.amazon.com/TREND-AIRPRO-AIR-8-Hour-Battery/dp/B002Q0Y5M6/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1280796411&sr=8-1-fkmr2

Alan Zenreich
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up... I just ordered two. I hope this comes through ok... it even has free shipping... tough offer to refuse.

Bernie Weishapl
08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Great buy and good to see ya turning again.

Roger Chandler
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Ken,

Thanks for your notification about the battery packs for the Trend Air shield Pro. I just purchased one this last Friday, and got a great discount, and now the extra batteries are a deal that cannot be passed up!

I ordered 2 as well, no shipping either! They are reported to be new not rebuilt. Thanks so much!

Mike Stephens
08-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I tried the link and the price is $52.99. :mad:

Alan Zenreich
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Yes it looks like the vendor (Essex Technology) must have sold out, so it defaults back to the same item sold by Amazon.

Roger Chandler
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
When I ordered my 2, there were only 5 left in stock, so I guess they sold out very quickly.

Thanks again to Ken for the heads up!

Ken Glass
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm glad to see we got a few licks in before they woke up and changed the price. I think they were grossly overpriced at $70 or $52 for that matter.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Ken,

The batteries for the earlier Trend Air Shields were grossly overpriced too. A former Creeker came up with a plan to make your own. I just recently made 4 battery packs for the price of 2 and ....they have better capability (longer charge life) and the next ones will be cheaper as I already have a smart charger.

Alan Zenreich
08-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Ken G,

They didn't change the price. There were two vendors... Essex and Amazon.
Essex had the $9.95 price, Amazon had the $52 price.

Essex must have purchased a single lot of batteries and simply sold out the lot. According to Essex's Amazon Store, they really don't sell any other tools.

So hopefully, Essex will deliver, and those of us who ordered will have a small gloat over the bargain.

Mike Minto
08-03-2010, 9:25 AM
Shouldn't this thread be there?

Alan Zenreich
08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
The two batteries arrived safe and sound this morning.

Of course, last night the headband of my AirShield Pro broke... great timing. So I 'll use Lauren's 3m BreatheEasy until I can get a replacement band.

It pays to have backup/duplicate equipment, eh?

Alan Zenreich
08-09-2010, 1:43 PM
Cool...

I just spoke to Trend USA support.

I mentioned that the headband broke and he said "I'll send you out a new one today"

He also mentioned that they had an issue with the headbands about a year ago. So, sure enough, I got one of that batch. The joys of being an early adopter <vbg>.

This was my first contact with Trend's USA service, and I could not be more pleased with the way it was handled.

Ken Glass
08-09-2010, 2:10 PM
Alan,
I have always had great service from Trend. I was glad to see you got a couple Batteries, as I did. I'm sorry not many were able to purchase them at that price.

Roger Chandler
08-09-2010, 2:42 PM
My Trend battery packs arrived today as well, just as ordered. This was a great buy out of Amazon.com!

Thanks Ken for the heads up on this......I should be set for a long time to come with being able to turn un-interrupted by having to recharge battery packs before resuming work.