PDA

View Full Version : safety gloat

Roger Chandler
08-02-2010, 2:13 PM
Here is a little something I picked up this last weekend at the WC store in Roanoke Va. as a part of my overall strategy for protecting my lungs. I have already an overhead air cleaner just above me at the lathe, a dust collector hood behind the lathe bed for collecting chips, and most importantly the sanding dust, and now this Trend Airshield Pro....

Thom Sturgill
08-02-2010, 2:17 PM
Way to go! Definitely on my to-buy list.

Faust M. Ruggiero
08-02-2010, 2:52 PM
Roger,
That's also a sturdy looking 3" face plate. It looks like it has 8 holes. I suppose that seems like a lot for a 3" faceplate but when you think about the weight and torque a 20 or 30 pound hunk of wet wood can exert on only four screws, it makes sense.

Roger Chandler
08-02-2010, 3:04 PM
Roger,
That's also a sturdy looking 3" face plate. It looks like it has 8 holes. I suppose that seems like a lot for a 3" faceplate but when you think about the weight and torque a 20 or 30 pound hunk of wet wood can exert on only four screws, it makes sense.

Faust,

Glad you noticed the face plate. It is a new one, picked up at the same time as the Trend ASPro, and it is from Easy Wood Tools, the same folks that make the Easy Rougher, etc with the carbide tips.

This face plate is very high quality, and the machining is impeccable, and I needed another for my lathe that has a 1-1/4 spindle. I am really impressed with it, and I think it is fairly new in their lineup of tools and accessories. It is aluminum alloy of some sort [I think]

Roger Chandler
08-09-2010, 2:47 PM
Just to confirm, and to say thanks to Ken Glass for the info on the Trend Airshield Pro battery packs. I received mine today, and for the whopping price of $9.98 each, I could not be happier.

They regularly sell somewhere in the $70-$85 range. What a bargain thru Amazon.com! :):):):)