PDA

View Full Version : Shopmade Folding Outfeed Table

scott vroom
07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
My son and I finished building our TS outfeed table this afternoon. It's bolted to the front of our Grizzly G0690. It's in 2 pieces: The first 12 inches are afixed to angle iron bolted high and low to the TS, followed by a 31" drop down extension attached with a 48" piano hinge (total 43" of extension). We used C2 3/4" maple ply for the extension frames and deck, and applied formica to the top to reduce friction. We dado'd miter slots into the fixed 12" extension to accomodate our homemade sled.

We got the idea from: http://sawsndust.com/p-outfeed.htm. (No affiliation)

Van Huskey
07-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Gotta love a nice outfeed table and this is a cool one. BTW I think you bolted it to you G0690 and not your G0490. It is hard to keep up with all the numbers even when you own them!

scott vroom
07-31-2010, 11:48 PM
LOL...I just made the edit to "G0690". Yeah, got lottsa green tools in the shop, easy to get confused.

David Hanames
08-01-2010, 9:17 AM
I have to build the same thing for my Delta TS.

Very nice and good pics.

Jack Burgess
08-01-2010, 9:53 AM
Scott, thanks for a great idea ! I really needed an idea like this for my "wall shop" in the garage ! Plan to use your idea, thanks

Don Morris
08-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I have a very similar outfeed table on my 1023SL. Took two years getting to it. Now I have it, I kick myself for not getting to it before I did. They're an absolute must. Great job.

scott vroom
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Scott, thanks for a great idea ! I really needed an idea like this for my "wall shop" in the garage ! Plan to use your idea, thanks

Jack, for the lower angle iron attached to the cabinet saw sheet metal, we used a piece of oak 1x4 backer inside the saw cabinet to support the washers/nuts. For the legs we used Rockler's folding leg brackets http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9993 and T-nut leg levelers from the local Woodcraft www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/27P20.jpg (http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/27P20.jpg)

We attached the formica skin using Weldwood contact cement and trimmed with a flush router bit.

To build this we had to remove the front fence rail so now the fence rests on the table instead of the rail. No problem since the fence is teflon and glides easily across the table.

Hope this helps....good luck!

Mikail Khan
08-01-2010, 1:03 PM
I have to make one of these. Thanks for posting.

MK

David Micalizzi
08-01-2010, 9:33 PM
I have been wanting to build something like you have. Right now I have a shop table that doubles as an out feed table. It would be nice to reclaim the space when not needed for the table saw. Well done! I've got work to do now, thanks to you! :D

Jim Becker
08-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Turned out great, Scott! I'm glad that the design worked for you. A lot of folks have built these and I always enjoy seeing the results.

scott vroom
08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Turned out great, Scott! I'm glad that the design worked for you. A lot of folks have built these and I always enjoy seeing the results.

Jim, thanks again for sharing your plans!