PDA

View Full Version : Delta 50-760 Dust Collector Problem

David Dalzell
07-31-2010, 3:53 PM
I bought the Delta 50-760 April 2009. In April this year the on/off switch (110 vac version) failed and I replaced it with a new factory switch. Today, July 31, it failed again. I am assuming it is the switch since the symptoms are similar to the previous failure. I hear a click when I flip the switch on. Somewhere (don't remember where) I heard or read that the Delta has problems when it is turned on and off frequently during the course of a day. Well I do turn it on and off frequently. Does anyone know if there is a history of switch failures on this machine? Or am I simply having a run of bad luck? It is very annoying to be without dust collection until a replacement switch arrives. If there is a history of switch failures then I will probably switch (no pun intended) to a different machine (or stock up 10 or so spare switches).

Neil Brooks
07-31-2010, 3:56 PM
I wonder whether leaving the switch on, and then hooking up a Long Ranger DC remote control, would solve your problem.

Sure convenient, too !

David Dalzell
07-31-2010, 4:11 PM
Remote control never occurred to me. But the idea of leaving the switch on, and using the remote to turn on/off the dust collector would surly save wear and tear on the switch.