PDA

View Full Version : Custom Monster Articulated Arm

David DeCristoforo
07-31-2010, 3:22 PM
Arrived by post this morning. The "custom" arm is the bottom one. The top one is the "stock" unit that ships with the hollowing rig.

Here is the "custom" arm fitted with the "standard" tool holder. As you can see, the bore in the end of the arm is not as deep as on the straight boring bar so there is only one set screw. It's kind of "hanging out there" but this will be great in situations where a bit of extra "reach" is needed.

The best part is that I got this before Keeton got his;);) (I think...)

John Keeton
07-31-2010, 4:13 PM
David, my system came in the mail this morning!!:D But, this is camp weekend for the grandkids - so very little time for anything else 'cept to check in on the creek.

Nice custom arm! You are going to be set up for some SERIOUS turning with all these goodies. You are a talented fellow, and I really am looking forward to seeing what you "turn" out!

David E Keller
07-31-2010, 4:54 PM
That looks pretty handy. It's good to know that Randy will make one if the need arises, but I think I'll play with mine a little first and see if I need it. I think I'm about a dozen orders behind JK, so it shouldn't be long before my hollowing rig arrives.

Joe Herrmann
07-31-2010, 7:08 PM
Great! If you guys are getting yours, mine should be just around the corner. I ordered one at Hartford and am looking forward to trying it out.

Joe

John Keeton
07-31-2010, 8:18 PM
Great! If you guys are getting yours, mine should be just around the corner. I ordered one at Hartford and am looking forward to trying it out.

JoeWish I could have done that and gotten the "show special"!!!:D Heck, I just wish I had been at Hartford!!:(

I would guess Randy received a bunch of orders from the symposium.

David DeCristoforo
07-31-2010, 8:27 PM
"...camp weekend for the grandkids..."

Oh crap... let's think here... grandkids... hollowing rig... grandkids... hollowing rig... OK... yeah... I guess you made the right choice. But once you get a chance to test drive it, you are gonna love this thing.

Steve Schlumpf
07-31-2010, 9:36 PM
I will be interested in hearing how you like the new arm after you use it for a little while. Seems to always be a big challenge to try and get into the shoulder areas of some styles of hollow forms - especially when trying to keep the entry hole small!

Have fun with it!

Bernie Weishapl
07-31-2010, 9:47 PM
Be interested in hearing how that works for you.