PDA

View Full Version : Just Placed order for my new G1023

keith micinski
07-31-2010, 2:15 PM
Grizzly is telling me that it has an expected delivery date of the September 24 so hopefully a few of them get out there and get used so I can get some opinions on it.

Don Dorn
07-31-2010, 2:49 PM
I've had mine (1023SL) since Oct of 2003 and use it several times a week. No regrets at all and it runs as well today as when I took delivery.

keith micinski
07-31-2010, 2:52 PM
I was reading that there were a few concerns about the new trunion design with riving knife since it is untested but I guess we will find out.

keith micinski
08-03-2010, 1:40 PM
I just got the call from Grizzly saying that my saw is on the truck and I should get it in 3 to 5 days. As stupid as this sounds I was told that I had to wait till the end of September to get it and I could live with that but now if it doesn't come on Friday and I have to wait till Monday I am going to crazy over the weekend.

Rod Sheridan
08-03-2010, 1:47 PM
Keith, isn't it funny how that works/

Congrats on the new saw..............Regards, Rod.

Bill Huber
08-03-2010, 1:59 PM
I just got the call from Grizzly saying that my saw is on the truck and I should get it in 3 to 5 days. As stupid as this sounds I was told that I had to wait till the end of September to get it and I could live with that but now if it doesn't come on Friday and I have to wait till Monday I am going to crazy over the weekend.

To clear up what you were told... The saw will get there Friday but you CAN'T use it until the end of September. So that means you can look at it but you can't do anything with it until the end of September.

Now that would be a real killer....:D:D:D

Cliff Holmes
08-03-2010, 2:03 PM
Congrats on the new saw. I loved my 1023SL, the only reason I moved up to the SawStop was safety.

keith micinski
08-03-2010, 2:17 PM
Now I just have to figure out a way to get it out of the back of my truck. I am having it shipped to my work where I have a forklift so I can load it easily into the truck. I am thinking about renting a motor lift.

scott spencer
08-03-2010, 3:08 PM
My understanding is that the saws are shipping now, but the arbor nuts won't be in until September 24. :p :D

Post some pics when you get it set up!

Jim O'Dell
08-03-2010, 3:47 PM
Congrats!!! I know I really couldn't use my G0691 until I got the mobile base built for it. It seemed to take for ever....wait a minute, it did take me forever. ;) I to am anxious to see some real life pictures and how you like it. Jim.

Lee Koepke
08-03-2010, 4:20 PM
Now I just have to figure out a way to get it out of the back of my truck. I am having it shipped to my work where I have a forklift so I can load it easily into the truck. I am thinking about renting a motor lift.
i put mine on a small trailer and two of us muscled it onto a flat dolly, rolled it off the ramp into the shop. PITA, but it got there!

David Helm
08-03-2010, 4:35 PM

I am seriously jealous!!!!!!! I ordered the saw back in January. I live near the Grizzly headquarters and you get a saw with one phone call.

Russ Massery
08-03-2010, 5:02 PM
Congrats, Keith it's great saw. I've had mine for 7+ years now. I've been very happy with it.

Jim O'Dell
08-03-2010, 6:19 PM
I am seriously jealous!!!!!!! I ordered the saw back in January. I live near the Grizzly headquarters and you get a saw with one phone call.

OH!! Was that supposed to be your's???:D:D Might be worth a call to see what's up. Jim.

Van Huskey
08-03-2010, 6:51 PM
OK we need pictures and reviews oif this mythical saw! The 1023/690 choice is gonna be harder for people since the 1023 will again be available.

keith micinski
08-03-2010, 7:20 PM
If it makes you feel any better David I was absolutely unprepared for the saw. Now I have to get my other saw sold and start making room for the new saw. Ah the problems that I have to deal with.

keith micinski
08-03-2010, 7:22 PM
By the way it is coming from Pennsylvania which is only about 8 hours away and it was already loaded on the truck this morning. I am really secretly thinking it is going to come tomorrow because there cant be that many shipments between there and here to be made in two days. Although I probably just jinxed myself.

David Helm
08-03-2010, 7:48 PM
Keith, I'm so sorry for the problems you have to deal with. Meanwhile, I keep looking at the empty, dedicated space for my saw : ( By the way, the saw I ordered was the G1023RLX. If you went for the short rails I am only moderately less jealous.

keith micinski
08-03-2010, 9:08 PM
Well the reason I went with the shorter rails is because I am transferring my 52" unifence with my Wixey digital readout. I am hoping to put the Grizzly fence on my Delta contractor saw and en sell it.

Russ Massery
08-04-2010, 9:35 PM
I sold my the craftsman contractors saw with the stock 30" Grizzly fence and put the Beisemeyer on the 1023. The guy who bought it didn't want the longer fence anyway.

BOB OLINGER
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Keith !!!!!!!!!!

Shiraz Balolia
08-05-2010, 5:03 PM
Guys - I checked and there are 8 G1023RL saws left at our MO plant as of this morning. Those machines cannot be shipped to the West Coast, but for customers in the surrounding states to MO could get one without waiting right now. They may be gone next week - just a heads up.

Shipments of that family of saws will be trickling in over the next couple of months before we have enough of all models to go around at all locations. Thanks.

Cary Falk
08-05-2010, 5:33 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Nope still not worth it to get me to move back to Missery. :D I will patiently wait for August 20 + the couple of quarntine days.

Jim O'Dell
08-05-2010, 6:29 PM
By the way it is coming from Pennsylvania which is only about 8 hours away and it was already loaded on the truck this morning. I am really secretly thinking it is going to come tomorrow because there cant be that many shipments between there and here to be made in two days. Although I probably just jinxed myself.

Keith, do you know who the shipper is? If so, call them and alert them that the saw is on the way to them/there now, and set up a delivery time. My saw made it to the UPS freight depot on the Wed before New Years Day, but the earliest they could bring it to me was the following Wed. I didn't expect to see it New Year's Eve, but thought they would offer Monday or Tuesday. Just a heads up. I know you want it for the weekend. Jim.

keith micinski
08-05-2010, 8:06 PM
I actually did end up calling them because I had an issue where my fork lift at work wasn't going to be available tomorrow so I am going to pick it up tomorrow at 8 and they are going to load it on my trailer for me.

Jim O'Dell
08-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Be sure to take some good tie downs...we don't need no more flying Grizzlies!!! Jim.

David Helm
08-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Shiraz,
What about those of us who have ordered the saw back in January and have been patiently waiting. I feel a bit bummed by people in missouri getting saws who ordered them way after I did!

Joe Leigh
08-06-2010, 7:04 AM
Shiraz,
What about those of us who have ordered the saw back in January and have been patiently waiting. I feel a bit bummed by people in missouri getting saws who ordered them way after I did!

That's exactly what I was going to ask. People waiting 6-7 months and someone without an order can drive to the MO store and drive home with one today?

David Helm
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
That's exactly what I was going to ask. People waiting 6-7 months and someone without an order can drive to the MO store and drive home with one today?

Couldn't agree with you more!:(

Shiraz Balolia
08-06-2010, 1:17 PM
David - the saw you ordered is a different model than the saw that came in. You ordered a G1023RLX and the saws that came in are the G1023RL.

Your saw is confirmed to arrive on 8/20/10, and by the way, nobody was getting any of the new series of the G1023 saws until just these last couple of weeks when they started to come in at the other two locations. Thank you for your business and your patience.

Cary Falk
08-06-2010, 2:38 PM
I actually did end up calling them because I had an issue where my fork lift at work wasn't going to be available tomorrow so I am going to pick it up tomorrow at 8 and they are going to load it on my trailer for me.

< arms crossed, tapping foot, not so patiently waiting for pictures and review>

Seriously though, I would love to see pictures of how the riving knife is attached and adjusted.Take your time, by midnight tonight will be fine. I know you will be up playing with it.:D

David Helm
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
David - the saw you ordered is a different model than the saw that came in. You ordered a G1023RLX and the saws that came in are the G1023RL.

Your saw is confirmed to arrive on 8/20/10, and by the way, nobody was getting any of the new series of the G1023 saws until just these last couple of weeks when they started to come in at the other two locations. Thank you for your business and your patience.

Shiraz, I knew about the difference. Just thought the containers might have had both models in them. I am still patiently waiting and in the meantime I've bought the 18/36 open end drum sander and the Eurostyle workbench along with a number of other small items. Thanks for responding to my question/plea.