PDA

View Full Version : So long, Shawn Patel

Prashun Patel
07-31-2010, 10:24 AM
After carfeful consideration, I've decided to use my given name of Prashun Patel here on SMC. I was previously known as Shawn Patel, which is my 'business' name.

For the past few years, I've used 'Shawn' to strangers, because it's easier to pronounce. For the previous 37 years, though, I've always been "Prashun" to friends and family.

I've made enough 'friends' on this forum that I feel it's more appropriate to use my given name.

Just a heads up...

Prashun (Shawn) Patel

Dan Hintz
07-31-2010, 10:35 AM
<thumbs up> :)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-31-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm glad you feel comfortable enough here to go by your given name Prashun!

Belinda Barfield
07-31-2010, 10:49 AM
It's very nice to meet you Prashun. I liked Shawn a lot, so I'm sure we'll get along just fine!:D I do have to admit though that you scared the heck out of me with the title of this post. I thought something terrible had happened.

Shawn Pixley
07-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Good, now we won't get mixed up anymore!

Garth Keel
07-31-2010, 11:33 AM
is a place where everyone con be comfortable with friends.You have made the right choice.

Dan Friedrichs
07-31-2010, 11:36 AM
*gasp* - I read the thread title and thought you'd died. :eek:

Zach England
07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Is it Hindi?

Bruce Page
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Prashun, welcome to the Creek...again!

Dave Gaul
07-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Good for you Prashun!

But like others, I thought this was going to be an obituary! Glad it's not!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Jim Koepke
07-31-2010, 1:14 PM
I am glad it wasn't what others and I feared when we first saw the thread's title.

Just do not get upset if we meet face to face and I do not know how to pronounce Prashun.

jim

Prashun Patel
07-31-2010, 1:24 PM
pru-SHOON.

It is an Indian name. I'm Indian-American. Born in NJ.

Happy to report I'm not dead - just reborn!!!

Jim Rimmer
07-31-2010, 1:49 PM
I, too, worried when I saw the title but am now relieved. Welcome isn't the right thing to say but having never had this experience before, I don't know what to say, SO, Welcome to SMC.

Dennis Peacock
07-31-2010, 3:44 PM
Welcome and as we say around these parts - Good On Ya.!!!!!

Prashun (Shawn), glad to see we are friends and family now.

Dennis - a.k.a Bibs ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-31-2010, 3:53 PM
Prushan,

You will have to learn to read through Bib's accent. He's displaced Alabaman doing business as a Arky.

Kent A Bathurst
07-31-2010, 4:56 PM
......It is an Indian name. I'm Indian-American. Born in NJ.........

The All-American story. You tell it however you want, since it is your name and your heritage - I look at things like that as an American name, of Indian descent.

Of course, the Jersey thing - well - that kinda confuses the eitire deal, eh? Might just want to leave that bit out....:p

Whatever - you seem like a very nice fellow, Prashun. That Shawn guy, though - I wasn't all that sure about him. :D :D :D

Dan Hintz
07-31-2010, 7:27 PM
Dennis,

Now I know where that phrase comes from... one of the engineering boards I'm on has a gentleman who ends all of his replies with that...

Jim Becker
07-31-2010, 8:18 PM
I'm kewel either way...you're the same great guy and terrific woodworker!

Oh, and like Mr. Rimmer...my mind was really worried when I read the thread title, too! LOL

Michael MacDonald
07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
I too had a nasty shock at the title... I think you sent the entire community into double-take... glad to hear this isn't a copyright infringement either.

anyway, if you make the same great contribution to the creek as the prior guy, I think you will do alright...

John Keeton
08-01-2010, 7:07 AM
To some of us that already knew your given name, this is not big news. But, I think it is great that you are letting SMC into your "inner circle!":) Just glad you are still alive to make that decision!:eek:

Rich Engelhardt
08-01-2010, 9:03 AM
What the heck,,, what's in a name anyhow?

The few friends I have, call me Rich.

To most everyone else, I'm a Dick ;)

scott spencer
08-01-2010, 9:04 AM
Welcome aboard Prashun....you've got some big shoes to fill! :D

Prashun Patel
08-01-2010, 9:19 AM
John, my question to you is - when are you going to let everyone else know YOUR real name?

Kenny Rogers

glenn bradley
08-01-2010, 9:51 AM
Welcome Prashun. I too was startled and thought that Shawn had gone off in a huff. I wish he would; I can't stand that guy :D:D:D. I take it as a compliment that you would have us call you by your given name. Welcome again, . . . er, again :).

Steve Schlumpf
08-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Prashun, glad to hear you feel comfortable enough on SMC to just be yourself! Can't ask for anything more than that!

Mike Cruz
08-01-2010, 5:43 PM
I, for one, am appauled! I thought we had to give our real names...? What is this forum coming to? How do we let in any Shaun, Shawn, Sean without knowing who they really are? I felt so comfortable before, now I don't know if I trust that everyone is who they say they are. Hey, maybe there aren't any real people out there at all! Maybe I'm having conversations with a super computer that posts responses and starts topics that it thinks I'll be interested in. Or maybe SMC is just one guy that has nothing better to do than to create all these alter egos with different names, and he posts what each of those charictors would respond with.

Or, maybe I should go take a shower and get ready for dinner with my inlaws, and just welcome our newest old member. Welcome back for the second time! Glad you are with us (both on the forum AND "with" all of us), regardless of how you want to be addressed.

Oh, and ya'll don't know that my real name isn't Cruz...it's Blartnick...spelled S...m....i...t...h.