PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice please!

Don Williams Michigan
07-30-2010, 7:09 PM
Can anyone direct me to some stock photos of interior signage? I thought maybe some of the suppliers might offer sign photos to assist in marketing. I am not looking at anything out of the ordinary, just a good sample of interior signage for an office building.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

AL Ursich
07-30-2010, 7:58 PM
http://www.emedco.com/

I keep a catalog in the shop just for sign ideas.....

AL

Joe Pelonio
07-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Look in your Corel manual, I remember version 5.0 had a great section with signs. Still, I always used pictures of signs I had made, it has much more power to influence them on a sale if they see your work in the advertising rather than stock photos. I pretty much took pictures of every sign I made and had a 3" binder full on the shop counter. For interior, the best sales tool is pictures taken on the wall of the buildings after you have installed them, especially if the building is known to the prospect. If you are just starting out, make samples and temporarily mount them on your home or shop wall for the pictures for the effect.

Liesl Dexheimer
07-31-2010, 7:09 PM
You could try flickr although you prob will have to sift through some not so good photos of signs. You could also try the segd, they may have some photos on their site.

Also, I would recommend taking out some books at your library. I have a great book called "The Wayfinding Handbook" by David Gibson. It has a fair amount of interior signage photos but it also discusses the process of wayfinding.

Larry Bratton
07-31-2010, 8:54 PM
Here is a good site for all kinds of signs,labels,stickers..you name it they got it. Caution though, if you ever buy anything from them they will inundate you with catalogs.I bought a small roll of stainless steel wire from them one time and I bet they spent 20 times the cost of the wire sending me stuff in the mail. http://www.seton.com/