PDA

View Full Version : A day at the Beach

dennis thompson
07-29-2010, 9:18 PM
After many years of wishing, we finally got our beach house. So today I came down to the beach & here's what I did:
-walked into the house , air conditioner wasn't working, called the AC co who came right over & $353 later I had air conditioning
-electrician came back from a previous visit & replaced the attic ventilator, only $330
-cut & edged the grass (at 90 degrees)
-rehung the bathroom door. Had to go out & buy a 7/16 spade drill bit, not a problem except yesterday I had gotten this very bit in a group from Rockler, but of course I didn't have it with me
-tried to dig out a weedy tree in the yard, still 90 degrees, finally called home & asked my wife to bring down my sawzall when she comes down tomorrow so I can cut it out
-right now I'm watching the encore presentation of Mets vs St Louis
& Mets are winning! R A Dickey for the Cy Young award!!!!!
Just a day at the beach!:)
Dennis
PS Phils get Roy Oswalt,not good news for us Met fans (both of us)

Greg Peterson
07-29-2010, 9:49 PM
So is a bad day at the beach better than a good day at the office?

Lee Ludden
07-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Life is a beach, then you live on one.

dennis thompson
07-30-2010, 4:49 AM
Greg
I'm retired ,having spent many years working at a large pharmaceutical company. It was a great company, they treated me well & I have no complaints but:
-I'd rather hang a door that spend another day in the office
-I'd rather cut the grass than spend another day at the office
-I'd rather dig out a tree root than spend........maybe not

As I've said many times...I have worked & I have retired...retired is better!:)
Dennis

John Mark Lane
07-30-2010, 7:27 AM
I finally sold our beach house. Now we rent a house in the summer for substantially less than I paid in property taxes for the beach house each year. And we can move around and rent in different places.

Nonetheless...I'm contemplating building another one. It's a sickness.

:)

dennis thompson
07-30-2010, 8:04 AM
John
I'm on my second "vacation " home, we had a lake house & sold it, I mostly went up there to meet the plumber or cut the lawn.
Now have the beach house. There is no way buying a second home vs. renting makes any financial sense, you're right it's a sickness
Dennis

John Mark Lane
07-30-2010, 11:06 AM
John
I'm on my second "vacation " home, we had a lake house & sold it, I mostly went up there to meet the plumber or cut the lawn.
Now have the beach house. There is no way buying a second home vs. renting makes any financial sense, you're right it's a sickness
Dennis

Kinda like woodworking...