PDA

View Full Version : Jointer fence has been found! + Grizzly CS

Cliff Holmes
07-29-2010, 2:43 PM
A couple days ago I posted about my jointer fence being lost by UPS while being returned to Grizzly. Well, it's been found. Actually, it was never lost. Let's recap what happened here ...

- I generate a UPS shipment online and request pickup.

- I miss the "print label" button, thinking the driver will have a preprinted label when he picks it up.

- Driver delivers another package and I ask if he has the label for this pickup.

- Driver misunderstands and thinks I'm asking about a blank label. He has none, takes the address info and says he'll take care of it.

- Driver, not realizing that there's already a shipment generated for this package, creates a whole new shipment with a completely different tracking number.

- I call UPS and initiate a tracer because tracking's not showing anything.

- Robert from Grizzly sees my post here on SMC and steps in, contacting me and coordinating with his UPS rep.

- I get a bill from UPS for the driver-generated shipment. The new tracking number shows it was delivered two days ago. After a quick phone call, UPS cancels the original shipment and removes the "missing documents" fee from the invoice. I actually end up paying less than the original shipment.

- Robert confirms they have the fence and has the service supervisor personally walk the fence through the return process.

Whew!

Kudos to UPS for handling this in a totally fair way. And super-kudos to Robert and Grizzly for their always-outstanding customer service.

Van Huskey
07-29-2010, 2:52 PM
Glad it got tracked down! From the outside looking in UPS et al can look like a huge black hole unless you have the correct "number"!

Did I read on a different forum that this is an out of warranty replacement by Grizzly, if so I think that did not come up in the discussion here and is a great addition to the Grizzly kudos.

John Mark Lane
07-29-2010, 2:55 PM
Yeah, that's pretty impressive.

Chip Lindley
07-29-2010, 3:03 PM
All I can say is: "Good Things happen to Good People!" .....sometimes!