PDA

View Full Version : Mini Gloat

Mark Hubl
07-29-2010, 2:19 PM
Wandered into the local Half Price Books store. Inventory roles over pretty quickly so I stop in from time to time to check out the woodworking section. Never much on turning though.

Well low and behold they had a bunch of turning stuff on this trip. I left a few behind, but did pick up four new ones, a couple of which I had almost ordered on line.

Tibbets - The Art of Segmented Turning
Holder - Making Screw Threads in Wood
Raffan - Turning Boxes
Hunnex- Woodturning A Source Book of Shapes

Grand Total $32.00. :D

John Keeton
07-29-2010, 2:24 PM
Ya' dun good!!! Some nice books there - most of which I have not seen. The one on screw threads should be very interesting.

Roger Chandler
07-29-2010, 2:27 PM
Nice haul! Tibbett's book is one on my list.

Bernie Weishapl
07-29-2010, 4:30 PM
Congrats on a great haul. I just got Holders book on threading. I am hoping to start making threaded lidded boxes.

David E Keller
07-29-2010, 6:12 PM
Nice haul. I'm interested to see what you and Bernie think of the threading book.

Aaron Wingert
07-29-2010, 9:27 PM
Great score. Lots of inspiration in those books. Since you're referring to it as a mini gloat, I'll give you a mini.......

you suck :D

Jerry Marcantel
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Ya' dun good!!! Some nice books there - most of which I have not seen. The one on screw threads should be very interesting.
John,The Beall Tool Co. has a cd called "tool Demos", and one segment shows how to make wood threads, using their tools..... I got the cd free from Woodcraft in Tucson....Jerry (in Tucson)