PDA

View Full Version : PC Speaker recommendations?

Tony Sade
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
My 16 year old, who listens to stuff that makes my skin crawl and my head ache, wants some new speakers for his PC. I'd like to get away with spending around $100. I've checked a few out at Circuit City (lots available in my price range) but since the kid's bedroom is a good deal smaller than that huge store, it's impossible to get an accurate feeling for how they'll sound in a smaller area. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

p.s. I'm not criticizing my son's taste in music. I firmly believe it's every teenager's sworn obligation to listen to stuff that drives his parents crazy. That's sure what I did. :D

Dennis Peacock
12-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Yap......

Headphones...!!! ;) :p :p :D

Glenn Clabo
12-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Actually Dennis has a great idea...but I'd add wireless so he doesn't have to be near his computer. You can get good ones for 50 bucks nowadays.

Curt Harms
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Yap......

Headphones...!!! ;) :p :p :D

That would fail to accomplish the goal set forth in Tony's p.s. :D

Ed Falis
12-07-2004, 3:43 PM
Tony,

Two ideas.

If headphones, pick up a pair of Grado SR80 or SR125 (I think the former are under $100 and I'm listening through them right now - great).

If speakers, go with Logitech Z-2300's. About $125 shipped by internet. I bought these for my wife for Xmas. They're supposed to be very, very nice.

- Ed

Tim Morton
12-07-2004, 8:21 PM
see if you can find these out there....

http://www.laaudiofile.com/pm14.html

Monsoon Audio will make him VERY happy.