PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Karl Card
07-27-2010, 9:18 PM
My youngest daughter and I went shopping today and had a pretty good time, well I had a good time. I got some beal buffing compounds, some new sponge with h and l to hold sanding disc for sanding bowls. I did not get the complete sorby setup but mainly got the sponge part and the sanding disc. At this point I just needed or wanted something other than my fingers and a piece of sandpaper.
I got some new deft spary durathane i think it was and picked up a drum sand kit for the drill press and then I let her pick out another of woodcrafts acrylic blanks. Even got invited to visit at one of the local turners meeting coming up soon so I especially was happy about that.

Well I have 64 oz of coffee to drink then a trip downstairs to the shop and try some new stuff, old stuff and something in between.

Cathy Schaewe
07-27-2010, 9:56 PM
Hey, how much better does it get? Shopping for the vortex, and family too!;)

Mark Hubl
07-27-2010, 9:58 PM
Nothin' like a trip to the local WC and company in tow. Sounds like a good day.

David Christopher
07-27-2010, 10:16 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl Card
07-27-2010, 10:37 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely corrrrrrreeeeecttt....

I also just won a new to me digital camera and tent to take pics with.... as soon as it gets here I will take some pics.... Good ole ebay, never have to leave the house... I just cant wait to try out this tent, 4 different backgrounds, 2 nice lights, hopefully will help me to take some good pen and bowl pics...

Michael James
07-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Plying the kiddies with very cool acrylics, emptying your pockets into the vortex AND a van zant fan.... you are man after me own heart!
Rock, er carry on :cool:
mj

Bernie Weishapl
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Karl can't get any better than that.

John Keeton
07-28-2010, 6:36 AM
Karl, this is how little girls are meant to be raised!! None of that frilly stuff, dolls, tea parties, etc. They need to be shown the true meaning of life - more tools, more wood, wood chips, etc.

I am so proud of your dedicated efforts to be the perfect parental figure!! There should be more Dads like you.:)

Terry Gerros
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Karl,

Lovely story, but I think you may be a little confused. 64 ounce coffee, then down to the shop???? Well, you may get down to the shop, but if it were me, I'd be quickly heading back up to go to the lou. :)