PDA

View Full Version : Jet - JJ-6CSX Jointer Question

Raymond Fries
07-27-2010, 9:13 PM
Has anyone ever removed the infeed and outfeed tables? I am restoring this jointer and wondering if I am going to create an alignment nightmare by removing the tables. I would really like to get all of the rust from the underside surfaces and then prime them. I started on the infeed side and have removed the ball joint mechanism. It appears that all that is left is to loosen the three bolts (gibs?) along the backside and pull it apart. I am just not sure how difficult it is to put back together correctly so everything is aligned as it should be.

Any advise from someone that has been there?

Thanks

P.S. I will post the "traditional" Gloat complete with pictures when done.

Mike Cutler
07-28-2010, 5:17 AM
Raymond

I broke the Ball Crank on mine a few years back and had to remove the tables to replace the crank.
I do remember that it was sort of like one of those "chinese puzzles" though, and I had the jointer table assembly laying on the work bench top to do the work.
It wasn't too difficult to realign and set the ways as I remember it.

Homer Faucett
07-28-2010, 1:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of dealing with fussy alignment setups like setting planer blades, jointer blades, etc., so I usually try to find a way around them, if I can. I remember setting the tables on this jointer, and while I did not completely disassemble the tables when setting it up out of the box, there was some fussing with the setup . . . but not nearly as much as there was getting the blades "just so" the first time.

Good luck with the jointer, I know it will serve you well!