PDA

View Full Version : Anodized Aluminum Christmas Tree, ideas?

Amy Shelton
07-27-2010, 4:38 PM
These are so cool! I put the GI tag in to give you an idea of the size.

Now, what to do with them?

Put a picture of a baby, and "Baby's First Christmas" and the year.

Do one of each family member?

Make an acrylic or wooden tree and hang them on it? Well, that would be dumb, a tree with little trees hanging on them.

I figured you all would have some ideas! (especially Dee?)

Found these at my favorite tag supplier on ebay. You can do a search, keywords: tree laser 24.

Dan Hintz
07-27-2010, 4:41 PM
Frank is a member here and a regular supplier of tags and other anodized aluminum needs... Chewbarka is a great asset.

Ed Mihalack
07-27-2010, 8:35 PM
A pet Christmas present would be nice.

Dee Gallo
07-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I find lots of places to hang these tags: jeans pockets, luggage, pendants/bracelets, tote bags, as special gift tags, sewn onto pillows, cell phone grabbers, curtain tiebacks, decorations such as centerpieces, flower displays, wreaths, as ID markers for gardens, storage boxes, pets (of course), holiday dinner placemarkers, birthday cake decorations... it goes on and on.

They also make a nice mobile or windchime that's not too noisy. A unique baby gift, or with every grandchild's name for a grandparent.

But, I think a fun thing to use them for would be for a family with a lot of kids (or school/daycare) to make one for each kid and hang it on a tree or stocking, but with a clue as to where their present is hidden.

Find a florist, wedding planner or party service and they'll be able to find lots of uses for them, whether little trees or whatever.

Whatever you engrave on them will depend on the occasion of course. My last bunch was for a family reunion, each person got one on a keychain and used it however they wanted to, but it was a nice memento which has "quality" nicer than a T shirt or button.

You could use the square or rectangular ones to make a puzzle too, with a ball chain through the holes to hold it together.

Don't get me started, Amy!

:) dee

Amy Shelton
07-28-2010, 1:21 PM
Don't get me started, Amy!

:) dee

LOL, I just did! :D

Great ideas, Dee! The puzzle idea is unique. I'll have to give that some more thought of what to put on it. Could make it doubly hard and put two different designs (one on front, one on back).

Dee Gallo
07-28-2010, 5:19 PM
LOL, I just did! :D

Great ideas, Dee! The puzzle idea is unique. I'll have to give that some more thought of what to put on it. Could make it doubly hard and put two different designs (one on front, one on back).

Oh that is diabolical! I love it!