PDA

View Full Version : need help with AG 20" bandsaw

gaston harris
07-27-2010, 3:41 AM
Can't get 1/4 and 1" blade to track correctly. The 1" blade has so much flutter that I can't even come close to using no matter how much or how little tension I put on it.
To start out I was cutting some larger 6X doug fir for the kids tree house and the blade ran all the way to the back of the wheels. Readjusted the blade and now none of my blades will track properly. Called Jesse at Eagle to make sure I was tensioning and tracking the blades correctly which I have tried with all the blades I own and the 3/4 in blade sort of tracks ok but all of the blades have lots of flutter. I replaced the upper wheel bearings thinking there was too much play in the upper wheel yet that didn't help. Pulled the upper tensioning assembly and didn't find anything obvious. The bottom wheel has no play and the wheel bolt is tight. There still seems to be alot of play in the upper wheel but not sure how much is ok. Cleaned the dust off both wheels multiple times. Just tried the 1/4 blade again and no matter how hard I try to adjust the tension and tracking the blade either runs full forward or full aft instantly. I always detension the blades after use and the only thing that comes to mind is maybe the tires need to be replaced even though it's a fairly new saw. The other thought was that the blades are stretched out or bad welds but they worked prior to cutting the 6x stuff and the 1" blade is brand new - never made a single cut with it.
Any ideas would be great - it's killing me trying to get this thing to cut. Also if anyone has a copy of the owners manual in digital format that would be great as well. Thanks in advance for help.
Gaston