PDA

View Full Version : FYI:CorelDRAW X5 SP1 went live today

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
07-26-2010, 3:55 PM
It's available on the Corel website, under support.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ca/en/Content/1153321224268?pid=1259872370151

Most notable for engravers:

Having the Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop docker open while working on complex graphics will no longer cause the app to crash sporatically
Select Color Engine=None will look exactly the same as X4 when Simulate Color Management Off was selected

..and a whack of other fixes...

T.

Scott Challoner
07-27-2010, 3:14 PM
I still can't get Connect to work properly. It doesn't recognize the X5 disk (says disc not present). It works with other discs. While playing with it, X5 crashed again. I've had numerous (~20) crashes since upgrading to X5 and SP1 apparently didn't fix this. The other annoying thing is that it arbitrarily clears the recent files list. Usually when it crashes, but sometimes on it's own.

Mike Null
08-22-2010, 4:58 PM
I just received my X5 upgrade with the Graphics Unleashed video. I haven't had time to install it yet but did look at some of the tutorials on the video and think there are ample new features in X5 to justify the purchase.

The tutorial video is quite well done.

Paul Brinkmeyer
08-22-2010, 7:32 PM
This sure teaches me something. I upgraded the same way you did, just I was Too soon and did not get the vids.

Next time I will know not to upgrade so fast.

Thanks for the info.

Mike Null
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I planned to use some free time this weekend to install the X5 upgrade.

I'm not sure the weekend is enough time. So far I've tried twice and it's locked up both times. It's also very slow to install so I'm talking about a lot of wasted time.

Maybe the Corel site will have some tips.

Paul Brinkmeyer
09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I thought mine had locked up too when I installed, but I just walked away and did some other things....when I came back later it had moved on, just very slow to install on my system.

Mike Null
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
On my fourth try I uninstalled my anti virus system and did a custom install leaving out some of the features. It finally installed and I added features individually.

I checked the Corel site and there were other complaints about the same issue.

It seems to be ok now.