PDA

View Full Version : First Potpourri Pot

Bill Bulloch
07-26-2010, 10:19 AM
This is the first Potpourri Pot that I have made. I varied away from the (what appears to be) standard design by shaping this one different and making it about 6" X 6". It has nine rings with the top and bottom being solid, the others are 16 segments per ring. The wood is Spanish Cedar with a Walnut rim.

I hope Dave Haughs (or someone) will chime in and tell me where to get the potpourri lids like Dave used on his Pots; I really like those. I got mine from Woodcraft (I think) and they pale in comparison to those Dave used.

As always, I am open to criticism, ridicule, boos or kudos. So, what ya think?

Roland Martin
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Thinking "outside the box" on a potpourri pot seems to be rare, but I like it. I agree about the covers, I find it hard to find covers that I like. Nice job Bill, on this and all work in the background.

Bernie Weishapl
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Bill great looking pot. I would check with Hallmark in their candle section. I saw both of those down at ours and had her order me a couple along with a couple of more like the one I posted.

Baxter Smith
07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Nice to see something different! Thanks for sharing!

Roger Chandler
07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
nice job Bill.

I think your segmenting work is of a very high caliber on this piece. A very nice and functional piece that most likely took a lot longer to assemble than to turn.....

I also like the spanish cedar..... that has to add to the project's overall worth.

John Keeton
07-26-2010, 1:35 PM
Bill, as always, your segmented work is first rate! I like the deviation from the norm with the shape/form of this one, and the wood selection is a good fit.

Nice background selection, as well!!

David E Keller
07-26-2010, 1:43 PM
Nicely done. I like the unique shape.

You do realize that wood is available in larger chunks of sufficient size to allow for turning a vessel from a single piece?:rolleyes::D Seriously, you do very nice segmented work, and I envy the patience you have to make these forms.

Tom Sherman
07-26-2010, 3:40 PM
That's a great PP bill, I always think the one's i have done were too small, however I followed the rule dictated by SWMO.