PDA

View Full Version : May need intervention

bob svoboda
07-25-2010, 6:25 PM
I'm away from home-2 weeks for business (one week done). I thought about bringing my lathe, but, the logistics of bringing a Mustard Monster, moving it into my room, moving the range, changing the plug....well, you get the message. I live kind of in the hinterlands, with no woodworking stores. I am staying in an urban area--Woodcraft, Rockler---Whoa. I have made 3 trips to these stores...let's see, I need a 1/16 parting tool...Oh, I like that piece of ebony..a sale on a Stronghold chuck??... I need another crush grind mechanism....cool, bees wax.....Oh, yeah, I can watch this Raffan video in my spare time...might as well get the Mahoney as well..........
HELP ME

they will no longer sell me lacquer........

David E Keller
07-25-2010, 6:52 PM
I hope you make enough money on the two weeks away to at least pay for the turning stuff you get.:rolleyes:

John Hart
07-25-2010, 7:04 PM
There's no hope Bob. You are lost.
You've already been cut off from lacquer sales.
You're running out of money

Oh hey...I know!! Sell blood!!

Have fun! :D

Allen Neighbors
07-25-2010, 7:27 PM
Sell Blood? Wow! What a novel idea.... :D

Bob, you're just going to have to spring for a mini, that'll fit in the trunk of your car. There's a very bad un-balance to constantly going into these types of stores, and not getting to turn between trips... it's actually bad for your health.

bob svoboda
07-25-2010, 8:21 PM

Have fun! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. You figured out how I paid for all that stuff!:eek:
Hope the people who get it are lacquer tolerant!!

Michael James
07-25-2010, 8:32 PM
Bob, I feel your pain!:eek:
mj

Ken Fitzgerald
07-25-2010, 8:37 PM

Have fun! :D

Oh yeah. You figured out how I paid for all that stuff!:eek:
Hope the people who get it are lacquer tolerant!![/QUOTE]

I actually paid for my wife's first diamond wedding ring doing that as a young E-2 & E-3 at Great Lakes back around '69-'70.
:o

Bernie Weishapl
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Ken I did the same thing selling blood to get the wife's diamond and wedding ring as a Pvt E1.

Mark Hubl
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Find a fellow creeker and have a visit. At least you will get into a shop!

Karl Card
07-26-2010, 4:47 AM
I guess this is awful.... I paid cash for my wifes ring and our wedding bands by......uhmm..... bootlegging whiskey..... About a year after I moved from back home a couple of cops came to my parents house, wanting to "talk" to me aobut some whiskey.... i think back now and I think what an idiot I was.... but back then I thought I was being "cool"..

William Hutchinson
07-26-2010, 6:17 AM
I actually paid for my wife's first diamond wedding ring doing that as a young E-2 & E-3 at Great Lakes back around '69-'70.
:o

Ken I did the same thing selling blood to get the wife's diamond and wedding ring as a Pvt E1.

I guess this is awful.... I paid cash for my wifes ring and our wedding bands by......uhmm..... bootlegging whiskey.....

Blood Diamonds and Bootleggers-- this forum is like a box of chocolate:eek:

Karl it doesn't look like you gave up your side business--

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/wlhutch/bootleg-on-parade-1.gif